Every weekend, Windows Central livestreams an Xbox One or Steam game for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight on Beam, we played Dishonored 2, the acclaimed first-person action/stealth game from Bethesda. Every stealth game needs a way to hide bodies, and Dishonored 2 doesn't disappoint. Read on for quick impressions, contest winners, and the full video replay of our livestream.
The sequel to Bethesda's surprise hit Dishonored has just arrived on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam. As the game begins, the daughter of the first game's hero has become empress of the kingdom. Soon, both father Corvo and daughter Emily become embroiled in a coup and forced to fight for their lives.
Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2 – the follow up to Arkane Studio's first-person action blockbuster and winner of more than 100 'Game of the Year' awards, Dishonored. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide.
Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you make your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character's unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game's hand-crafted missions.
With two playable characters with totally unique perspectives on the story, top-notch production values, and numerous ways to handle every situation, Dishonored 2 is an amazing first-person action/stealth game. Watch us play and lose our honor, too!
We streamed Dishonored 2 for ~90 minutes tonight. During that time, we gave out a total of 9 prize codes:
- 4 Dishonored Definitive Edition for Xbox One
- 3 Xbox Gift Cards (US accounts only)
- 2 Dishonored Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
See the contest winners at the end of this story.
How to watch Beam livestreams
We're now streaming on Beam, Microsoft's interactive livestreaming platform. It provides some welcome improvements over Twitch, such as a cleaner website layout, built-in stream interactivity, and extremely low latency.
You can follow our channel at Beam.pro/WindowsCentral. From there, you'll be able to watch the stream and participate in chat directly from any web browser, including the Xbox One and Windows Phone browsers.
To receive email notifications when our Beam streams go live:
- First, follow our channel.
- Now select your profile from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Pick the Account option near the bottom of the menu.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Make sure Send me important email updates on the Beam platform is enabled. This option is labeled deceptively, but it's required for all forms of email notifications.
- Click or tap the Email box next to our channel name until a check appears. That's it!
- We highly recommend that you set a recurring alarm on your phone. Our weekend stream always starts at the same time (9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific), so the phone reminder can be very helpful.
Beam does not offer Xbox One or Windows Phone apps yet, so watching from the browser is the only option on Microsoft platforms. But Beam does offer apps on Android and iOS. Yes, that's a strange inequity. Native Xbox and Windows 10 support is coming though, so stick with us!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's weekend Beam programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9pm Eastern (8pm Central, 6pm Pacific, 1am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- Saturday, November 26: Watchdogs 2 from Ubisoft. Watch us hack stuff and win an Xbox gift card!
- Saturday, December 3: Warhammer: Vermintide, the amazing Left 4 Dead-style co-op game. Win a copy for Xbox, PlayStation 4, or Steam! Little Acre, the beautiful adventure game coming to Xbox, PlayStation, and PC on November 22. Win a copy of your own!
- Saturday, December 10: Stay tuned!
- Saturday, December 17: Little Acre, the beautiful adventure game coming to Xbox, PlayStation, and PC on November 22. Win a copy of your own!
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These viewers have been dishonored, too.
Dishonored Definitive Edition Xbox One
Xbox Gift Card
Dishonored Definitive Edition PlayStation 4
Tonight's prizes provided by Bethesda and Mobile Nations. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Twitter PWA picks up a simple tweet scheduler in latest update
Twitter's PWA is now showing a tweet scheduler, which was previously only in testing for some users. The feature has long been a part of TweetDeck, but it is now available to anyone using twitter.com or the Twitter progressive web apps, including from the Microsoft Store.
Best Minecraft Dungeons character builds we've found so far
Minecraft Dungeons is a game all about the loot. As such, we thought we'd share some of the endgame builds we're currently using, that might help you get started with your own creations.
Check out these excellent Windows 10 laptops that come with LTE support
Need a quality Windows 10 laptop that can stay connected while on the go? Check out this roundup of the best devices complete with LTE modem.
Streaming on Twitch? These are the best microphones in 2020
Are you new to streaming or a pro looking for a replacement? No matter your experience level there is a perfect microphone for you and these are some of the best.