Looks like Windows Phone today has scored one today as we’re the first to get a new, official app from Disqus (disqus.com).
For those of you who don’t know, Disqus powers the commenting system on many websites and blogs, offering users a single-way to sign in through social networks, etc. Users can maintain accounts so that their Disqus “history” goes with them, regardless of the site they are commenting on.
The official Windows Phone version is now live in the store and truth be told, it’s a solid little app. The goal of the app is to help facilitate conversation, so instead of going to sites and then engaging in some debate, you can just go to your Disqus app and continue the conversation there.
We’re told Disqus currently does not have any plans for an Android or iOS app, although they come later. The app was developed in house by Disqus and the developer behind it, Ryan, is a big fan and early adopter of Windows Phone, making this a nice little score for the platform.
- Stay current with your favorite discussions by receiving timely notifications any time a user replies to you
- Follow friends, strangers and authors and get updates on their activity throughout the web
- Explore the thousands of active communities and millions of active discussions within the app in the Explore section
- Interact with discussions every way you're familiar with on Disqus: write comments and replies, star your favorite discussions, vote on comments and mention users all within a fluid, native interface
- Live tiles deliver notifications and updates within your network of people you follow
- All resolutions supported - scalable graphics to look sharp on any device
- Support for wide live tiles and lockscreen notifications
- Protocol support so that other apps can integrate Disqus with a simple link
Disqus is a fascinating company if only because they took something as mundane as posting comments on a website and turning it into a successful brand and social network (that also piggy backs on other networks).
We’ve been beta testing this app for the last couple of weeks and have had a great time using it. You can pick up the official Disqus app for Windows Phone here in the Store. All Windows Phones..
Correction: Disqus PR has informed us that they will release to other mobile platforms in the future.
Preview: Assassin's Creed Valhalla is familiar, but it has Vikings
After watching a 3-hour demo of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I only want more. It'll be a packed week when it launches just days ahead of Cyberpunk 2077.
ROCCAT Vulcan AIMO 120 keyboard review: Apparently, keyboards can be sexy.
I'm a sucker for brushed metal. The ROCCAT Vulcan AIMO 120 keyboard delivers brushed metal in droves, with some of the most satisfying key presses I've ever experienced. This is a truly great keyboard.
Review: HONOR MagicBook 14 is a fun, low-cost notebook with one drawback
Those on a budget with just $550 may want to consider HONOR's MagicBook 14. While it runs a last-gen AMD Ryzen processor, the core features of this notebook are better than most in this price range. Here's our quick review of why you should (and shouldn't) get this affordable laptop.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.