What you need to know
- Halo Infinite Season 2 is now live.
- The season adds new maps and modes, as well as a new Battle Pass for players to grab.
- There's also several bug fixes and the return of 120 FPS support on Xbox Series S.
Halo Infinite Season 2 has arrived, bringing with it new maps and modes for players to enjoy. There's also a few notable fixes for issues players previously noticed.
According to the official patch notes for Halo Infinite Season 2, multiple issues have been fixed, such as the clamber animation and various reload animations, which notably ran at a lower framerate than the rest of the game. Other issues fixed include faster loading for models, fixed progression issues in the Campaign, and general stability improvements across all platforms.
There's also restored 120 FPS support on Xbox Series S. Halo Infinite initially supported 120 FPS on Xbox Series X and S, but this was removed from the final Xbox Series S version of the game. Additionally, for anyone who wants image quality at all costs, there's now a 30 FPS mode on Xbox Series X.
Outside of the long list of bug fixes. Here's the full list of patch notes:
- *Melee damage has been reduced by 10% in both multiplayer and campaign.
- *In multiplayer, this change to melee damage makes the Mangler a 2-shot beatdown rather than a 1-shot beatdown.
- In Ranked multiplayer only, the Battle Rifle has increased melee damage.
- This change was made to preserve the Battle Rifle's two-burst beatdown after the global melee reduction.
- "Traded" melee kills will occur more often now than in Season 1.
- Improved snapping to enemies during melee lunges.
- Improved enemy collision immediately after meleeing.
- Reduced Mangler starting reserve ammo from 24 to 16.
- Reduced Mangler max ammo capacity from 56 to 40.
- The Ravager's base shot is now stronger than before and is therefore capable of a two-burst kill.
- The Drop Wall is now stronger than before and deploys faster once it hits the ground.
- The Overshield now grants an additional half bar of shielding.
- The Warthog's tire positions and suspension have been adjusted to better improve its handling on uneven terrain.
- When boosting, the Chopper will now one hit kill all vehicles except for the Scorpion and Wraith.
- The Banshee can now move slower and faster than before, including when turning.
- Weapons cooldown faster and deal more damage.
- Velocity gained from landing into a slide on a ramp has proportional reduction based on fall height.
- Multiple collision fixes on all previously released multiplayer maps.
Best of all worlds
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Subscription
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives players access to all new Xbox first-party games, in addition to a library of other titles, including access to PC Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass.
Tank gun is gone. Sad. RIP.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.