Looks like the Verizon Touch Pro 2 just received a maintenance ROM update called 'MR2'. Still a bit early to know all the changes, but so far it looks to be some subtle, under the hood type fixes as opposed to a whole new "experience":
So shall we play "what else is different"? If you find anything, hit us up in comments.
You can grab the ROM update right here from PCD.
(Update) Full list of changes--Thanks NightRaven!
- ROM: 4.01.605.15/Radio: 2.35.00WV
- Operating system has been upgraded to Windows Mobile®
- 6.5 COM2.5.
- The HTC Sense™ user interface has been improved.
- Visual Voice Mail (version 184.108.40.206) now comes preloaded on the device.
- GlobalAccess Connect support. For international Internet access, you can tether your smartphone to a notebook.
- Enhanced VZ Navigator® performance.
- Improved auto-configuration of Daylight Saving Time.
- Improved word prediction and autocorrection.
- Enhanced on-screen keyboard layouts.
- New, compact QWERTY keyboard option.
- When composing email or text messages, type the first few letters of the recipient’s name in the To field to see a list of possible matches.
- Quick setup of common email account types and an option to set up an email account manually.
[Thanks, eddiecanuck, for the tip!]
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central. He is also the head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007, when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and watches. He has been reviewing laptops since 2015 and is particularly fond of 2-in-1 convertibles, ARM processors, new form factors, and thin-and-light PCs. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.