A few weeks ago, the popular Windows Phone Calculator² got a big update to version 4.0 with lots of new features and a full code rewrite. Now its developer Richard Walters has updated the app again to version 5.0, and it is now a universal app made specifically for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Aside from that, the only other new feature in Calculator² version 5.0 is that the app can now be run in a window on the Windows 10 desktop for the first time. Just in case you are unfamiliar with its features, here's a rundown:
- Over 50 scientific functions
- 125 mathematical and physical constants
- Over 150 World currencies
- Over 200 units for conversions across 26 categories
- Statistical functions for memory values
- Calculation history
- Customisable tax buttons
- Auto, Fixed point, Scientific, and Engineering display formats with choice of digit grouping
- Enable or disable operator precedence
- Keyboard support + Live Tiles
While Calculator² is a free app, some features like its recently-added Financial calculator are only available via an in-app purchase.
Download Calculator² from the Windows Store (Free with in-app purchases)