Huawei has officially announced the availability of Huawei Ascend W2, their new Windows Phone 8 device. The device will be available in Russia and Netherlands from November, and while the press release doesn’t specify availability for other countries like India, it should follow soon.
Also, the press release does not indicate the pricing for the phone. The device has been available in China since a while, where it sells for 899 Yuan ($150). It will be available in four color variants – black, red, yellow, and blue.
We recently reviewed Huawei Ascend W2 at Windows Phone Central, and Dan was impressed with this solid, budget phone. It packs a punch, and can be a good competitor for Nokia Lumia 520 and 620.
In case you aren’t aware, here are the specifications:
- Colors: Black, Blue, Yellow, or Red
- Windows Phone 8 (build 10492) with Update 3
- 4.3-inch IPS WVGA LCD with TFT Magic Touch technology
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™ dual-core 1.4GHz processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 8GB of built-in memory; microSD expansion
- 1700 mAh battery
- 5 MP rear camera (no flash); no front camera
- 5.28 x 2.64 x 0.39 inches
- 5.64 ounces (160 g)
For a $200-250 price range, is Huawei Ascend W2 a phone that you'd pick or recommend?
Source: Huawei Press Release