Microsoft was expected to go all out to promote the release of its Xbox One shooter Halo 5: Guardians on October 27, and that's exactly what they are doing. The company announced it will stream a six hour event on YouTube called "Halo 5: Live" on October 26 to help celebrate the launch of the game.
The stream will begin at 6 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time and end at midnight, when Halo 5 goes on sale in the East Coast of the US. Microsoft said that the stream will include "exclusive gameplay reveals, celebrity appearances, live interviews with the 343 Industries development team and much more."
Here's what the "Halo 5: Live" stream will contain, which includes launch events for the game from around the world.
- The world premiere of "Halo: The Fall of Reach" episode one, the new animated series that tells the dramatic tale of the origin and intrigue behind the SPARTAN program that propelled characters like the Master Chief and Dr. Catherine Halsey into the pantheon of Halo lore.
- The first Xbox roundtable featuring the writers behind "Halo 5: Guardians" and Nathan Fillion, the voice of Spartan Buck.
- Special documentaries will get up close and personal with Halo superfans around the world, showcasing what makes Halo Nation unlike any other community in gaming.
- A lucky fan in Australia will play "Halo 5: Guardians" from a helicopter flying over Sydney, as gameplay is broadcasted via a screen suspended from a second helicopter.
- In London, iconic entertainment venue The Roundhouse will transform into a "Halo 5: Guardians" celebration, with a friendly tournament between four teams of YouTube creators and fans. U.K. fans can win a chance to attend the London event by visiting http://bit.ly/1REsmt6.
- In celebration of a Halo superfan from Japan who has played over 10,000 hours of Halo, Master Chief and Agent Locke action figurines will travel to the edge of space for the most epic Gamertag selfie.
- A Taiwanese cosplayer will bring his passion for the Master Chief to life when he collaborates with one of the hottest jewelry designers in Australia to recreate the Master Chief's helmet with more than 30,000 Swarovski crystals. The one-of-a-kind helmet will be unveiled during the show and kick-start a chance for gamers around the world to bid on it for charity.
- In New Zealand, Halo fans will converge at the close of the Armageddon Expo for multiplayer sessions, cosplay displays and more.
- In Hong Kong, a real-life course inspired by the new "Halo 5: Guardians" competitive Arena multiplayer mode, "Breakout," will be constructed, putting Halo fans into real 4v4 combat.
- In New York City, a special fan destination will take place at the brand new flagship store Microsoft at Fifth Ave. and 53rd St., located in the heart of Manhattan and culminating in the midnight launch of "Halo 5: Guardians."
Source: Xbox Wire