- Running the show has been Microsoft's "PMX" team -- Premium Mobile Experience -- which includes the assets gained from the purchase of Sidekick-maker Danger.
- Verizon's the main carrier on board, though other agreements are in place.
- The "Turtle" sports a 3.5mm headphone jack and a 5-megapixel camera. The "Pure" camera is 8 megapixels.
- Both devices are dual branded with Microsoft and Sharp.
- The OS has the same kernel as Windows Mobile 7, but won't look or feel like WM7. The UI is written in Silverlight and uses Seadragon. Looks kinda familiar.
- Zune HD software and Xbox integration are on board.
- As these are targeted toward the mass market, parental controls are on board.
- There is a unified messaging experience. (Should be interesting to see how it matches up against the Palm Pre.)
- Turtle and Pure will get their own launch party, not at CES.
Keep an eye on the MoDaCo thread, as Paul promises more details.