Every weekend, Windows Central streams an Xbox One or Steam game on Twitch for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight we played Neverwinter, the Dungeons & Dragons-themed free-to-play MMORPG from Perfect World Entertainment, and gave out exclusive companions to our live viewers. Read on for quick impressions, contest winners, and the full video replay.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons universe. Players will team up to battle against Valindra, a powerful Lich, the Demogorgon, a fierce two-headed demon, and other monstrous foes who threaten the peaceful city of Neverwinter and surrounding lands.
Like any good MMO, Neverwinter is a huge game with countless things for players to do. During our stream, we'll showcase the following features:
- Dragonflight: By joining a guild, players have access to the Guild Stronghold. There, members can team up to battle dragons that attack the Stronghold. Successful Dragonflight battles award valuable resources for the guild as well as Fangs needed to buy Dragonflight Armor, some of the best equipment in the game.
- Demogorgon: A 10-player raid that occurs every hour on the half hour. The team battles the towering Demogorgon over the course of three phases. Victors will receive rare rings and Seals of the Protector, a resource needed to buy Dragonflight Armor.
- Maze Engine Campaign: Back in May, Neverwinter received a new campaign called The Maze Engine. In this campaign, players team up with Drizzt Do'Urden and other Dungeons & Dragons heroes to stop demon lords Baphomet and Orcus from taking over the land. We'll play a portion of the final Maze Engine story chapter to showcase Neverwinter's storytelling.
Watch us play to see some of the compelling high-level quests and battles found in Neverwinter. The game is free to play and rather fairly monetized, so don't miss out on the adventure!
Join the Windows Central Neverwinter Guild
Guilds are a huge part of the Neverwinter social experience, providing a valuable source of players with which to team up and chat. All guilds allow access to the Guild Stronghold, a base of operations from which members can access their mail, banks, and more. And high level guilds offer unique benefits such as access to exclusive items and Boons (massive stat boosts).
Naturally Windows Central has an established Neverwinter Xbox One guild, and we'd love for you to join! We prefer players to be level 60 or higher, but anyone above level 30 is welcome. You must be an active player (playing multiple times per week), participate in Guild Chat, and donate regularly to the Guild Coffer (which helps us level up the guild and build new structures).
To join, send EastX a message on Xbox Live with your character name and level. Be sure to leave your old guild if you're in one. And see these resources:
- How to join a Neverwinter Guild
- Windows Central Neverwinter Guild Forum thread
- Neverwinter Chat Guide
- Neverwinter Leveling Guide
We look forward to questing with you! Remember, Neverwinter is free (with in-app purchases) so that anyone can experience this massive social role-playing adventure.
We streamed Neverwinter for ~90 minutes tonight. During that time, we gave out a total of 20 companion codes. You can only get these companions from contests!
- 10 Cambion Magus for Neverwinter on Xbox One. Prize code must be redeemed in the Arc app for Xbox One.
- 10 Gelatinous Cube for Neverwinter on PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
See contest winners at the end of this story.
How to watch Twitch livestreams
What's the best way to experience Twitch? The Twitch website on your PC or Mac web browser. If you don't have or prefer not to use a computer, you can get the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Xbox 360 Twitch apps and watch from the comfort of your couch. Android and iOS both have official and unofficial Twitch apps to choose from as well.
On Windows Phone, you'll have to grab an unofficial app. There are several to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Only one app lets you search directly for our channel, though. If you use the others, you'll have to find and follow us from a web browser first. Read the roundup to learn more!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's Twitch programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9pm Eastern (8pm Central, 6pm Pacific, 1am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- Saturday, August 6: Human: Fall Flat (PC only) from Curve Digital
- Saturday, August 13: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons from 505 Games
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These adventurers won't have to be lonely now that they have exclusive companions!
Tonight's prizes provided by Perfect World Entertainment. Thanks also to our Twitch stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!