Bidorbuy is the marketplace in Africa to go to if you wish to either buy or sell items and an official app has just been launched on Windows Phone. It's possible to browse, search, bid, buy and manage Bidorbuy activity through the Windows Phone app, making the experience seamless and convenient when on the move. The app supports South African and Kenyan marketplaces.
Numerous features are sported by the app, including the ability to browse through products by category, search using keywords, deploy filters and save searches for future use. Windows Phone developer Matt "Roguecode" Cavanagh, who used to write for Mobile Nations, aided Bidorbuy with its app development, integrating the experience into the Windows Phone design and making it well worth checking out.
Here are some other features highlighted on the Store listing:
- Receive email notifications for matches to your saved searches
- Bid or buy products across thousands of categories
- Respond to classifieds
- View our latest promotions such as Deal of the Week, Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday
- View full item details including shipping and payment options
- Make payments using: bobPay-EFT, Cash Deposits, bobPay-Credit Card, MPESA (Kenya only) and bobBucks.
- Add items to your watchlist and shopping cart
- Keep track of your bidorbuy activity
- Setup and receive bidorbuy SMS outbid notifications
- Ask questions and view answers from sellers
- Review seller ratings and leave your own feedback
- Share listings Socially via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Switch between South African and Kenya bidorbuy marketplaces (separate accounts are required for each marketplace)
If you find yourself logging onto the Bidorbuy website and own a Windows Phone, the official app is a must-have. Download it, give it a try and let us know your thoughts in the comments.