When it comes to watching several TV shows, it might become hard to track down which episodes you're up to. Trakter, a universal Windows app, can help. It looks great on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
- No ads
- Integration with Trakt.tv
- Browse TV shows and movies by popular, trending and recommended
- Search for TV shows, movies, and people
- Detailed TV show, movie and actor information
- List of upcoming and aired episodes at a glance
- Trakt.tv check-in functionality
- Add new TV show or movie to your lists
- Ability to filter out shows that are marked as hidden on trakt.tv from My Shows view
- Option to select light or dark theme
- Last aired and next aired episode information
- Unwatched episode count information
- Sort and filter out shows and movies in your lists in various ways
- Ability to hide your lists
- Play trailers over web browser
You'll need an account to get started. Signing up is as easy as logging into your Twitter, Facebook, or Google account. You can also join the traditional way, which is providing an email address.
Once you're logged in, start populating your dashboard by letting the app know which TV episodes you've seen already. For example, I don't know which episode of Gotham I'm up to, so I search for the show and read the description for each episode. When I see something that rings a bell, I mark it as watched. Do this for all the shows you currently watch, so that your dashboard gives you the most accurate information.
Whenever you open the app, Trakter will let you know how many episodes you've missed, which episode you should see next, and when the next one will air. Tapping a show, gives more details, including the genre, runtime, cast info, trailer, and links to other resources such as IMDB and Wikipedia.
Trakter is also great at discovering new shows you might like. Tap the hamburger button and select Shows. Take a look at the Popular, Trending, and Recommended lists for some ideas.
Trakter can do so much more, but I use it mostly to track my favorite TV shows. You can do the same for movies, but I don't find it necessary. Trakter uses data from Trakt.tv, so you can even have a media center setup that can mark every TV show and movie you watch automatically.
You can download Trakter for free, but can opt-in to pay for premium features. For $1.99, you get:
- Notifications on upcoming episodes and seasons.
- Live tile with upcoming episodes
- Mark multiple episodes as watched / collected
- Do more than 10 actions per session (an action is performed every time you mark movie / episode as watched /collected / watchlisted)
- Background syncing and caching
If you watch a lot of TV shows, Trakter is a great app to have on your phone, tablet, or PC. You've seen some of the shows I watch. What are your favorites right now? Let us know in the comments!