Third party YouTube client Tubecast has taken the Windows Phone platform by storm recently with numerous high-level updates. Today, version 22.214.171.124 has gone live and with it, numerous new features driven by user requests (aren't those always the best?).
Besides being able to flawless stream YouTube through DLNA, Xbox One, Airplay and more, Tubecast has pushed the boundaries with 2K video support and many other YouTube management features. The latest update adds another resolution and yes, it does feel faster.
- New video quality: 480p SD (Standard Definition)
- New audio download quality: HD
- Faster start-up
- Downloaded files disappearing -> bug fix
- New DLNA smart TV support: Sony Bravia
- Optimization of network data consumption.
- PIP follows the side menu on opening
- Bug fixes
The developer, Stephane, informs us that today's update improves the speed significantly in the app when launching. Previously on a Lumia 620 it used to take 4.5 seconds to start, now it's 2 seconds, The reduced network consumption is also a nice bonus for those on limited plans.
The update is now live, so grab it now! [Note: this update is very new, so if you do not see it yet, give it some time!]
Make sure to check out our tutorial and demo of how 'casting works on Tubecast!
- Download Tubecast for Windows Phone 8.1 (Free, $1.99 to unlock 'casting)