Starting late last week, those on AT&T were finally able to get their hands on the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL. The phone features a rather generous 5.7-inch display and by all accounts it is a winner. We managed to pick one up and figured we would unbox it and give you the full tour.
We already reviewed the Lumia 640 XL for Europe. However, this one has LTE on board and obviously works on the AT&T network. Retailing for $249 off-contract or just 99 cents on, I have to admit that this is a really nice phone. Indeed, the 5.7-inch display seems to be the sweet spot between typing and carrying it around.
AT&T Lumia 640 XL
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (15148) with Lumia Denim
- Windows 10 Ready
- Colors: matte White, matte Black
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226), 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 5.7" HD (1280x720, 16:9) IPS LCD, 259 PPI, Glance screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Sunlight readability enhancements
- 1GB RAM
- 8 GB internal mass memory + up to 128 GB Micro SD & 30GB free OneDrive cloud storage
- Rear camera: 13 MP AF, 1080p @ 30 fps video (continuous autofocus), Flash: LED, Lumia Camera 5.0 (with Dynamic Flash, HDR)
- Front camera: HD 5 MP wide angle, 1080p video
- Connectivity: BT 4.0, microUSB2.0, Micro SIM, A-GPS+GLONASS, BeiDou, DLNA, Screen cloning with Miracast, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n/
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, SensorCore
- Battery: 3000 mAh (BV-T4B) removable battery
- Weight: 171 g
- Size: 157.9 x 81.5 x 9.0 mm
Anyway, check out the video and if you have more questions, remember to head into our Lumia 640 XL forums to ask!
Are you thinking of getting this phone? Let us know in comments!