It’s been a busy day for Windows Phone OS updates. Earlier we sat AT&T customers pick up firmware and software updates for their Nokia Lumia 1020s and Lumia 1520s. The Lumia 1020 is currently getting the Lumia Black update (and an OS patch for Update 3) on Windows Phone 8, while the Lumia 1520 is getting a firmware update. Not to be left, there’s an update for the Nokia Lumia 925 on T-Mobile. What’s new?
Update 3 is new. We weren’t running the Preview for Developers on our T-Mobile Lumia 925 and noticed an update for it. What update? A few of them:
- Microsoft Update 8.0.10521.155
- Microsoft Update 8.0.10512.142
- Microsoft Update 8.0.10492.116
- Microsoft Update 8.0.10501.127
- Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150
What’s that mean for T-Mobile customers with the Lumia 925? Today you’re getting Update 3 for your phones. This update is notable for a handful of new features and improvements like:
- Accessibility. We've made several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
- Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what's taking up space.
- Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
- Screen. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn't shift when you move your phone around.
- Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
- Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
- Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you'll know who's texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
- App switcher. Don't look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you're finished with them.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
Our Lumia 925 is currently updating, but we’ll let you guys know how it goes. But if you’re rocking a Lumia 925 from T-Mobile, check to see if you have an update!