Today we're rolling out build 36 of the Windows Central app for Windows 10 and Mobile and it should be live in the Store.
This update brings a new feature that many have wanted for a while: deep-linking for comments. Now when a notification comes in with a reply to your comment, clicking the notification will take you directly to that comment so that you can read the full context and add a reply. You can, of course, also reply directly to the comment within the notification itself (actionable notification).
Also, we have a few fixes for reported crashes in specific scenarios and devices, along with some smaller changes to the Live Tile design and behavior.
Windows Central Build 36 (1.1.36)
- Deep link for comments – This was a very highly requested feature that took a lot of extra work (it's not flipping a switch), so thank you for your patience! Like all new features, we may see some issues as we push it to a broad audience and we'll address those as are discovered.
- Live tile improvements – Added some bug fixes around the Live Tile badge number and article previews.
- New Live Tile layout – Smaller logo for the site and added a logo to the branding on the Live Tile images. Also removed article preview for small Tile, now it is only iconic (logo).
- Fix for several crashes – We're still working hard to get these kinks ironed out and hopefully we'll see less random app crashes. Please continue to file reports when they happen so we can continue to improve things.
- Fix for initial login/comment box – There was a bug on a clean install where there was no comment box displayed after initial login. Instead, the user had to exit the app and restart to view the comment box. That is now fixed.
The update should be live shortly and be rolling out to the Store (if you don't see it yet, give it time).
As usual, continue to leave feedback, report bugs and vote for new features with our Windows Central UserVoice page.