Looking for a simple game of blackjack? One with a pirate feel to it? Blackjack Caribbean from XIMAD is being offered over at the Windows Phone Marketplace that might fit the bill.
Blackjack Caribbean is a simply, yet entertaining, version of blackjack. The game's graphics are nice and the game ran smoothly with no bumps, glitches or crashes experienced. Blackjack Caribbean is a free, ad-supported game and to read more on the game, hit the break.
Blackjack Caribbean's Main Menu has plenty of options. From the Main Menu you access the game itself plus:
- Game instructions that not only detail the game of blackjack itself but also the game modes.
- A Strategy Card offering suggestions to hit, stand, double, etc. on each possible hand.
- Player settings that allow you to change your player name, money and reset scores.
- Game Settings to set the number of decks used, table betting limits, Rules options, and sound options.
- Statistics that detail your game performance for the particular game you are completing as well as your overall performance.
- High Scores for both gaming modes.
The game itself has two modes, five minute mode and thirty hands mode (defines the duration of your game) with the goal of each being straight forward; earn as much gold as possible. Betting is limited (default to $100 per hand) but adjustable in the settings and game play is not unlike other blackjack games. At the end of your game, your pot of gold is registered on the high score listing.
Blackjack Caribbean has really nice graphics, game play nice. Blackjack Caribbean is a free, ad-supported game with a banner ad discretely placed at the side of the screen. There is one annoying feature to Blackjack Caribbean in that after every seven hands a pop-up ad banner appears. It tends to break your concentration and the flow of the game.
All in all, Blackjack Caribbean is a decent game of blackjack. Get rid of the pop-up banner and the game would noticeably improve. You can download your free copy here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.
Not too shabby. I love the layout of the game. Mr. Ponder, did you take a look at any poker games? What's good?
I like Full House Poker
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.