It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight at 9pm Eastern (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT) on Mixer, we'll be playing the Call of Duty: WWII private multiplayer beta. We're also giving out twenty beta codes and three Xbox gift cards! Read on for quick impressions and contest details.
Call of Duty: WWII private beta
Call of Duty: WWII, developed by Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision, is the first World War II-themed Call of Duty in years. It won't be out until November, but a special private multiplayer beta is running now through September 4.
This beta provides a brief glimpse at Headquarters, Call of Duty: WWII's brand-new base mode. Additionally, it provides access to five multiplayer game types:
- Team Deathmatch
- Mosh Pit
Of those game types, War is new for this installment. War is objective-based, with one team on offense and the other defending. The flow of the match has an actual progression to it that resembles Overwatch and certain Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 modes. We played War at E3 and came away impressed.
Call of Duty: WWII is expected to come to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows on November 3 for $59.99. Preorder now to get private beta access, the Divisions Pack, Zombies Weapon Camo, and for a limited time, 500 CP in both Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare.
We streamed the Call of Duty: WWII beta for ~90 minutes. During that time, we gave out a total of 24 prizes:
- 21 Call of Duty: WWII beta codes (usable on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC) - The Private beta lasts through September 4, so be sure to enter to win a code now!
- Three $20 Xbox gift card codes
See the winners at the end of this story.
What is Mixer?
We stream exclusively on Mixer, Microsoft's interactive livestreaming platform. It provides some welcome improvements over Twitch, such as a cleaner website layout, built-in stream interactivity, and extremely low latency.
You can follow our channel at Mixer.com/WindowsCentral. From there, you'll be able to watch the stream and participate in chat directly from any web browser, including the Xbox One and Windows Phone browsers. Mobile apps are also available for Android on iOS.
Some of our handy Mixer guides:
- A beginner's guide to Mixer streaming
- How to use Mixer to stream Xbox One games
- How to stream on Mixer with FTL
- How to set up interactive sounds and buttons for your Mixer streams
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's weekend Mixer programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- September 9: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, the Japanese indie action game in which schoolgirls use swords to battle monsters. We love to showcase unique games on Saturday Game School!
- September 16: Penarium, a sadistic 2D platformer from Team17 that takes place in a deadly circus.
- September 23: Beyond Eyes, the beautiful adventure game from Team17 about how a blind girl experiences the world.
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
Come back here after the show to see the list of winners.
$20 Xbox gift card codes
$25 Xbox gift card codes
Call of Duty: WWII private beta codes
Tonight's prizes provided by Activision and Mobile Nations. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.