We've seen the upcoming Toshiba Fujitsu "Mango" handset, that is to become official on July 27th at a press event with Microsoft Japan. This is something in a whole different realm. A Fujitsu device running Windows 7. Not Windows Phone 7, just Windows 7. Allow me to introduce you to the Fujitsu Windows F-07C Mobile Phone.
What are the selling points of this device? Well, we have Internet Explorer 9, two years license of Microsoft Office, SSD (flash memory), trackball for mouse movement accompanied by a QWERTY keyboard. I'm not sure why they have SSD as a feature since I'd find it odd to find a traditional motor-driven hard drive inside a phone. This is probably the best part:
"By hooking up a keyboard or mouse to the USB port, users can easily edit Office files or connect to a printer to print. In addition, after connecting the mobile phone to a large-screen TV via an HDMA output connector, users can enjoy websites or captured photographs on the big screen."
From first viewing the photos above, one will notice the massive resemblance of iOS with the icon grid layout, pane icons (small circles under the grid displaying which pane is currently active), and even an OS X-like dock. It's reported that this device will be available in Japan by the weekend.
What's impressive is the specifications (although battery life when in Win7 mode is only at ~2 hours), check them out after the break.
- Size: 125 × 61 × 19.8 mm (19.8 mm at thickest point)
- Weight: 218 g (with battery pack)
- Continuous Standby Time: ~600 hours in FOMA 3G
- Continuous Talk Time:
- ~370 minutes in FOMA 3G voice mode
- ~170 minutes in videophone mode
- Display: ~4" wide SVGA touchscreen (1024 × 600 resolution)
- Camera: (back side) 5.1 megapixel effective resolution, CMOS sensor
- (inside) 0.32 megapixel effective resolution, CMOS sensor (0.17 megapixel in Windows 7 mode)
- Color: Navy Black
Windows 7 Mode
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Full Version (with SP1)
- CPU: Intel Atom™ Z600 processor (supports HT technology) (1.20GHz)
- Main memory: Comes standard with 1GB/max 1GB (LPDDR400)
- SSD: ~32 GB (eMMC)
- Wireless LAN: IEEE802.11b/g/n (communications speed: up to 65Mbps)
- Windows 7 battery life: ~2 hours in Windows 7 mode
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
'The Nether Update' for Minecraft: The 1.16.2 update, and everything new you need to know
The Nether Update is the latest major release for Minecraft, and it changes everything about the fiery Nether. Here's everything you need to know.
Best Affordable Desk Chair for Kids in 2020
Everyone needs a comfortable and practical chair to sit at their desk with, and that includes kids who are working on homework or arts-and-crafts. Here's a list of some of our favorite options.