Microsoft is preparing for its Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer closed beta test for the Xbox One, and starting tonight it will let folks go behind-the-scenes of the making of the beta in a six-part documentary video series, called The Sprint.
The series will be shown exclusively on the Halo Channel app. Here's a look at the schedule for the documentary:
- Episode 1: Balance - Premiering Thursday, December 18 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: The 343 Industries pro team gives their final feedback on "Truth," an homage to the Halo 2 map "Midship," which will be included in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
- Episode 2: Give & Take - Premiering Friday, December 19 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: The art team discovers that some of the ideas they have don't quite meld with the layout set forth by the level designers. With time running out, what compromises must be made?
- Episode 3: Prophets - Premiering Saturday, December 20 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: With the map "Truth" well on its way to completion, the art team must shift their focus to the remix map "Regret," which presents a massive undertaking in and of itself. Will there be enough time to finish it before the deadline?
- Episode 4: Breakout - Premiering Sunday, December 21 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team invites Halo pros to the studio to offer feedback that could shape the future of the competitive experience.
- Episode 5: Shutdown - Premiering Monday, December 22 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team buckles down to make sure every detail of the upcoming Multiplayer Beta is firing on all cylinders.
- Episode 6: Gold - Premiering Tuesday, December 23 @ 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time: The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team begins to wrap up production on the public beta... but not before getting a little friendly competition in to celebrate another milestone.
Folks who have purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One will be able to play the Halo 5: Guadians multiplayer beta when it begins on December 29.
Source: Xbox Wire (opens in new tab)
John seems to have all work today.
Shame my gold runs out in a few days...
@JhonCallaham and halo Spartan strike delayed to next year
Cant wait to give the Beta a try. Not to keen on watching a bunch of documentaries though. Would have been more interesting if they had invested more time into creating more episodes of Nightfall instead.
"Folks who have purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One will be able to play the Halo 5: Guadians multiplayer beta when it begins on December 29." Holy smokes, now that's some great technology. I purchased Halo MCC, but due to it's un-whol(e)y-ness, I traded the game along with my Xbox One in. So glad to hear that I'll still be able to play the Halo 5 beta because of my purchase. But I'm even more hyped that the studio that completely flubbed their current game has the audacity to delegate manpower towards releasing a six-part documentary about 'making a beta' of their next game. That Bonnie Ross is so bright. Bless her narrow mind.
Dont think so dude, the beta is within the game its not a standalone download from all accounts. Even when i had crackdown the beta was within the game too, its always been like that. The past tense use of "purchased" is there to tell that people can buy the game prior to the launch of the beta and still have access.
Plz lunch full HD Player
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.