"I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while." - Groucho Marx
Chances are if you're reading this, you're pretty passionate about phones. There's also a good shot that you're sitting in your underwear, eating cold Chinese food, but that's neither here nor there.
But there can be too much of a good thing, as evidenced by a recent survey of "workplace professionals." [via]
Apparently 87 percent of you take your, er, devices into the bedroom, according to the findings by Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. (Yes, insert your own "I leave it on vibrate" joke here, filthy reader. And for our money, we're betting it's mostly CrackBerries.)
In a potentially related finding, more than one-third of folks surveyed (35%) say if forced to choose, they’d pick their PDA over their spouse!
So to help you make your decision, we've worked up a handy questionnaire to help with your decision. Click through for more. (And for the record, tonight was General Tso's Chicken.)
Your significant other uses:
- A Windows Mobile phone (+10)
- A CrackBerry (+5)
- A Palm OS device (+3 for a Centro, - 3 for a Treo 680 or older)
- An iPhone (0)
- A Motorola RAZR (-10)
Your S.O.'s wireless plan includes
- Everything unlimited (+10)
- Unlimited nights/weekends, 200 texts, "unlimited data" (+5)
- Plenty of minutes and texts, but just 5 megs of data (+3)
- Bare bones minutes & data, pay-per-text (0, but they're probably smarter than you think)
- No data (-10)
Your S.O.'s mobile browser of choice
- Skyfire (+10)
- Safari (+10 - So sue us. It's good.)
- Opera Mobile 9.5 beta (+7, but add +3 if the device actually has the muscle to run it well)
- Opera Mobile 8.65 (+5)
- Blazer (+3)
- Pocket IE (0)
For music, your S.O. uses
- Kinoma Play/Kinoma Player 4 EX (+10)
- iPhone's music player (+7 - if only it would stream podcasts)
- Pocket Tunes Deluxe (+5)
- CorePlayer (+3)
- Windows Media Player (+1 - it gets the job done)
Bonus question: ARPU stands for
- Average Revenue Per User (+20)
- All Right, Pay Up (-20)
- 50 to 60 - They're a keeper. And probably as big a nerd as you. And that's a good thing.
- 30 to 50 - There's potential, but you have some work to do.
- 10 to 30 - Outlook not so good.
- 0 to 10 - You're better off with your phone in bed.
This Windows Mobile user/writer is in the midst of celebrating his fourth anniversary with his Palm OS, Treo-using wife, and he bought her a new iPod Touch for an anniversary present. Do the math on that one. And, it's laying on the nightstand.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
ASUS gears up for Xbox Series X with first HDMI 2.1 gaming monitors
Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 are slated to support the HDMI 2.1 standard, which will bring higher bandwidth for handling 4K at up to 120Hz. Right on cue, ASUS has announced a new series of 4K, HDMI 2.1 certified monitors to take advantage of the bump in specs.
16 must-have 3D printing accessories for use with resin printers
3D printing with resin is a lot more complicated than standard FDM printing, and there are significant safety concerns. To get it right you need to have the right equipment.