"I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while." - Groucho Marx
Chances are if you're reading this, you're pretty passionate about phones. There's also a good shot that you're sitting in your underwear, eating cold Chinese food, but that's neither here nor there.
But there can be too much of a good thing, as evidenced by a recent survey of "workplace professionals." [via]
Apparently 87 percent of you take your, er, devices into the bedroom, according to the findings by Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. (Yes, insert your own "I leave it on vibrate" joke here, filthy reader. And for our money, we're betting it's mostly CrackBerries.)
In a potentially related finding, more than one-third of folks surveyed (35%) say if forced to choose, they’d pick their PDA over their spouse!
So to help you make your decision, we've worked up a handy questionnaire to help with your decision. Click through for more. (And for the record, tonight was General Tso's Chicken.)
Your significant other uses:
- A Windows Mobile phone (+10)
- A CrackBerry (+5)
- A Palm OS device (+3 for a Centro, - 3 for a Treo 680 or older)
- An iPhone (0)
- A Motorola RAZR (-10)
Your S.O.'s wireless plan includes
- Everything unlimited (+10)
- Unlimited nights/weekends, 200 texts, "unlimited data" (+5)
- Plenty of minutes and texts, but just 5 megs of data (+3)
- Bare bones minutes & data, pay-per-text (0, but they're probably smarter than you think)
- No data (-10)
Your S.O.'s mobile browser of choice
- Skyfire (+10)
- Safari (+10 - So sue us. It's good.)
- Opera Mobile 9.5 beta (+7, but add +3 if the device actually has the muscle to run it well)
- Opera Mobile 8.65 (+5)
- Blazer (+3)
- Pocket IE (0)
For music, your S.O. uses
- Kinoma Play/Kinoma Player 4 EX (+10)
- iPhone's music player (+7 - if only it would stream podcasts)
- Pocket Tunes Deluxe (+5)
- CorePlayer (+3)
- Windows Media Player (+1 - it gets the job done)
Bonus question: ARPU stands for
- Average Revenue Per User (+20)
- All Right, Pay Up (-20)
- 50 to 60 - They're a keeper. And probably as big a nerd as you. And that's a good thing.
- 30 to 50 - There's potential, but you have some work to do.
- 10 to 30 - Outlook not so good.
- 0 to 10 - You're better off with your phone in bed.
This Windows Mobile user/writer is in the midst of celebrating his fourth anniversary with his Palm OS, Treo-using wife, and he bought her a new iPod Touch for an anniversary present. Do the math on that one. And, it's laying on the nightstand.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: EufyCam 2 Kit is the best home-security setup with no fees
If you're looking for a sound home security camera system, Eufy is your best bet. All your video data is kept local, with no cloud storage, and there are no subscriptions whatsoever. Combined with excellent features, low-light ability, and a battery that lasts a year, Eufy is way better than Ring. Here's why.
These are the best laptops HP has to offer
The Spectre x360 13t is currently the best HP laptop you can buy thanks to a potent blend of performance and design. However, there are plenty more options that come close to taking the top spot.
Microsoft's upcoming Surface Pro 8 and Surface Laptop 4 images leak
Microsoft is expected to launch new versions of its Surface Pro and Surface Laptop early next year, and today images of those products have appeared online as they pass through certification in Korea. These images confirm that the devices won't be featuring any new designs, instead opting to keep the external chassis' the same as the previous generation.
Need more USB 3.0 ports? You need one of these great hubs.
USB hubs increase the number of devices you can connect to your PC, so you can escape the anxiety of having to decide what to unplug next. These are the best USB 3.0 hubs available.