What you need to know
- Electronic Arts has announced a third title update for Madden NFL 21.
- The update aims to fix a variety of bugs and glitches in the game.
- EA hopes to have the update out by the start of the 2020 NFL season.
After launching to mixed reviews and some fan backlash due to various bugs, Electronic Arts has announced that it will be release a new title update to Madden NFL 21 aimed at addressing various issues.
The latest update will be the third title update for the game since its launch, with Electronic Arts having released two earlier updates that addressed other glitches. The release date for the latest update hasn't been set, but the company says it's targeting the start of the 2020 NFL season as its release, so expect it sometime between now and September 10.
As for what the title update will include, it seems as if EA is trying to tackle a large number of issues. Among some of the biggest issues are fixes to pass rushing and tackling glitches, as well as upgraded logic for when and how a quarterback will be able to throw the ball while being sacked. Changes to some of Madden's online modes, including The Yard, are also planned, with leaderboards coming alongside various other fixes.
Electronic Arts has also said that another update to the franchise mode is in the works, and is also planned for the start of the 2020 NFL season. In our review of Madden NFL 21, one of the biggest issues holding the game back was its many bugs and glitches, so it's nice to see EA attempting to fix them at a fairly rapid pace.
You can check out a brief list of some of the major fixes coming below, while more information on everything that's being addressed can be found on Madden's blog:
- Tuning to RAC-catch win-chances to reduce frequency of low-rated coverage defenders getting catch-knockouts vs. higher-rated receivers
- Fix to an issue where Hitting RT/R2 + A/X at the snap would sometimes result in the Quarterback instantly throwing to the A/X Receiver
- Tuning to give user control a little sooner after an interception
- Fix to an issue causing Quarterbacks to use drastic turns on subtle movements
- Fix to the run-speed for ball carriers on Triple Option and Speed Option, allowing sprint speed earlier
- Tuning some celebration animation issues to clean up some minor hitching
- Tuning to QB's front elbow when inside the pocket to improve visual quality
Madden NFL 21 is currently available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Prepare for the game.
Madden NFL 21 promises to deliver another year of excellent football simulation. With the game set for launch later this year, you can secure your copy now.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.