The Windows Mobile team has announced a series of developers' camps for the upcoming release of Windows Mobile 6.5.
The first dev camp will be Aug. 19 in Redmond, Wash., at the Microsoft campus. The BarCamp-style events are geared to:
- Create new applications for the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Meet and work side-by-side with team members from the Microsoft
- Mobile Developer Experience team.
- Migrate existing mobile applications from the iPhone, Blackberry and Palm Pre to the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Create applications to support Windows Enterprise Applications.
- Test and optimize applications for Windows Mobile 6.5.
Five other camps are being planned for Austin, Texas; London; New York; San Francisco and Singapore.
More info at winmodevcamp.org and on the Windows Mobile team blog.
Update: In other news, Verizon just announced its "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Windows Marketplace for Mobile" Dev Camp on June 28.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.