UK mobile network giffgaff has launched a Universal Windows 10 app. The app, called My giffgaff, has been in development for some time but is now readily available for you all to download and enjoy. Those with Windows-based phones, tablets and PCs will be able to download the app and keep an eye on their accounts just like you would on Android or iOS.
As spotted by Neowin, it's not simply a beta release either. This is the real deal with a sound feature list. Here are some of said features sported in version 1.0:
- Check balance and goodybag status/allowance
- Topup by card or by voucher
- Topup another giffgaff number by card (pick from phonebook or enter number directly)
- Purchase or queue a goodybag by card or pay from airtime balance
- Manage auto top-up settings
- Manage auto recur settings
- See your current payback points and reward in £'s
- Order more giffgaff SIM's
- Share your personalised SIM order page via SMS, email, social media, etc
- Access the giffgaff Community with a single login
- Search the knowledgebase for answers to the most common issues
Unfortunately, this app is for Windows 10 hardware only. So those of you rocking Windows Phone 8 handsets will need to upgrade to newer devices to take advantage of the new app offering. As noted in the official release announcement, work is already well underway on the first update.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.