For those unfamiliar with the name, Sketchable is a popular creativity suite for Windows. The app has just been updated to hit version 4.0 and with it brings a bunch of changes and improvements. The developer has focused on the user interface with the latest release, improving usability and ensuring all elements create a cohesive aesthetic. Interestingly, Microsoft's Surface design team was brought on board to aid in these efforts.
As well as the UI overhaul, Sketchable 4.0 introduces a floating stroke preview, real time brush tip cursor, customizable color selector, right-click color insertion, and streaming tutorials. These new additions are better explained below:
Layout and design
- Designed in conjunction with Surface team designers
- Reduced UI palettes from four to two
- Updated every icon
- Regrouped icons for a cleaner aesthetic
- Moved icons to singular exterior overlay
-Capable of achieving smaller sizes
- Added three new custom form factors
- Circular saturation and brightness picker
- Dynamic RGB and HSB sliders
- For economy of motion, users can click and drag the color Dropper from icon to desired color, thus requiring only one click.
- Toggle button added for "touch can paint" to make it more discoverable.
- New modern design
- Sliders for Size, and tip opacity make the functionality more discoverable.
- Can be moved and placed
- Can remain open when painting or adjusting a stoke from an exterior source.
- Up to 36 presets per tool
- Added clone, reset, and delete brush presets
- Provides textural feedback while choosing a preset, or scrubbing tip opacity or size
Real Time Brush Tip Cursor
- Depicts diameter, roundness, angle, feather, etc…
Other notable changes
- Substantial performance improvements
- Reduced package size by ~150mb
- Moved Lock Layer Transparency to the Layer Info dialog.
- Added settings
- RGB 0-255
- Right click color picker
- Link mouse and touch UI Sizes
Much like version 3, the previous release we covered, this is a fairly substantial update and one we're sure fans of the app will appreciate. Hit the link below to download the app for free. Do note that there's a one-time fee of $19.99 to access premium features.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Spellbreak update: Story driven quests and competitive challenges await
Exciting new challenges and storylines are in store for Spellbreak players when the Chapter 1 update releases on Dec. 15. Learn all about it here.
PC Gamer is teaming up with SpecialEffect for a holiday giveaway
PC Gamer has joined forces with UK nonprofit SpecialEffect to for a holiday giveaway. Several EPOS | SENNHEISER products are available and there's multiple ways to enter.
Microsoft acquires Smash.gg esports tournament platform
Microsoft has announced an agreement to acquire online esports tournament platform, Smash.gg, after five years of operations.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.