Star Wars Battlefront II may have been marred by controversy many months ago, but that hasn't deterred EA from moving forward with its plans for the game. Today, the company announced a Han Solo Season which starts on May 16, 2018. According to EA, the fun begins with a trip back to the original trilogy before jumping into new content in June inspired by the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story film.
The Han Solo Season will be spread across two months. As the event progresses, you'll fight alongside some of Solo's closest friends and against some of his most fearsome rivals.
Some of the features coming this month alongside the Han Solo Season are listed below.
- Alongside the Han Solo Season, the developer will launch a new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs. Villains mode, but with a set new of rules. If you're defeated, you have to put your faith in your teammate and wait until the round is over.
Starfighter Custom Arcade
- Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you'll be able to experience all of the flying vehicles in the game. You play against computer-controlled enemies in preparation for Starfighter Assault where you're battling actual people.
- Jabba's Palace is joining the maps in Star Wars Battlefront II, and will be available in both Heroes vs. Villains, Blast, and Arcade modes.
- Lando Calrissian will receive a new skin.
- A Legendary outfit is also coming for Princess Leia which looks like the "Boushh" costume from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
Aside from the new content, Star Wars Battlefront II is getting a faster main menu. There are also many other smaller tweaks coming to the game alongside the Han Solo Season.
It's great to see that Star Wars Battlefront II is bounding back after the microtransaction debacle and subsequent cosmetic-only focus. Hopefully the Han Solo content will be enough to bring players back.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!