Star Wars Battlefront II may have been marred by controversy many months ago, but that hasn't deterred EA from moving forward with its plans for the game. Today, the company announced a Han Solo Season which starts on May 16, 2018. According to EA, the fun begins with a trip back to the original trilogy before jumping into new content in June inspired by the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story film.
The Han Solo Season will be spread across two months. As the event progresses, you'll fight alongside some of Solo's closest friends and against some of his most fearsome rivals.
Some of the features coming this month alongside the Han Solo Season are listed below.
- Hero Showdown
- Alongside the Han Solo Season, the developer will launch a new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs. Villains mode, but with a set new of rules. If you're defeated, you have to put your faith in your teammate and wait until the round is over.
- Starfighter Custom Arcade
- Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you'll be able to experience all of the flying vehicles in the game. You play against computer-controlled enemies in preparation for Starfighter Assault where you're battling actual people.
- Jabba's Palace
- Jabba's Palace is joining the maps in Star Wars Battlefront II, and will be available in both Heroes vs. Villains, Blast, and Arcade modes.
- Lando Calrissian will receive a new skin.
- A Legendary outfit is also coming for Princess Leia which looks like the "Boushh" costume from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
Aside from the new content, Star Wars Battlefront II is getting a faster main menu. There are also many other smaller tweaks coming to the game alongside the Han Solo Season.
It's great to see that Star Wars Battlefront II is bounding back after the microtransaction debacle and subsequent cosmetic-only focus. Hopefully the Han Solo content will be enough to bring players back.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Is this free?
Yes, all updates are free.
I completely forgot about this game. Can't imagine the player count is that high, relatively speaking, my son has never mentioned it.
Ah yeah, the role of games as promotion vehicles for a franchise. This is what you get when you buy this kind of product.
I`m looking forward to jumping back in for the new map, haven't played in a while due to Sea of Thieves being awesome.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.