Well, it's finally here folks. After months and months of tinkering around, Dark Forces Team (DFT) has finally completed their Windows Phone 7 to HTC HD2 port and it's all demonstrated in video glory (after the break). The whole process is demonstrated from flashing to it actually running and it's technically in four parts, but really only the first two you need to watch.
Here's the dirty list on how much works:
- System starts quickly, after flashing the first boot needs about 20 seconds up to start settings.
- Battery can be charged normally in WP7 OS. Testers reports that power consumption is normal.
- Phone functions are working: call answer, dial without problems and good sound quality, speaker volume is very large, volume +,- keys works fine. During a call when you can adjust the volume.
- SMS send and receive works without problems, display Chinese symbols right.
- Import contacts from the SIM card works, the Chinese text displayed correctly, contact editing all normal. Setting ringtone working.
- Camera works, all the features available, including the 720P video. (Photo-Flash sync is slightly buggy, better make photos without flash)
- full list after the break...
Update: LIVE services seem to have been succesfully cracked, see here.
Xbox LIVE and the Marketplace still seem to be off limits due to Microsoft's advanced security, which is a bit of a downer, but the rest looks pretty solid. No word on when all of this will be made available, though we're sure your local XDA forums will have something on it soon. Question is: Is all of this worth it?
Check out all the videos of it in action after the break to see for yourselves.
Source: DarkForcesTeam; via @chassit
More features working(continued:
- Green camera can be used for camera activation.
- WiFi turn on, turn off, fast, and works for available networks properly, unable to make detailed settings (common WP7 system issue).
- Bluetooth functional normally, but have not detailed settings (common WP7 system issue).
- Program interface and system UI works correctly, features fully stocked.
- The system date, time, normal, alarm clock works correctly.
- Calendar have all functional.
- Internet Explorer all functions works, up to 6 pages possible. multitouch works.
- Office - all functions are available.
- The music and video player works.
- Picture view works, including multitouch.
- Lock screen interfaces works normally, show event reminders, wallpaper, and appear on screen quickly after power button press, everything OK
- Sync with the Zune works.
- USB function can be achieved (by modifying the registry on the PC side), you can read, write, everything works.
- Accelerometer works, autorotation works with beautiful effects.
- Screen brightness control can be manually controlled. Automatic works fine too.
- Ability to choose custom wallpaper works.
- Lock screen, unlock correctly, including password
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.