One of the most popular file archiver apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 is 8 Zip from developer Finebits. Now 8 Zip is available for Windows 10 as well, in both its free and paid versions, in the Windows Store.
8 Zip should be something to look into for Windows 10 users who want to extract or compress files with options for a number of formats. Here's a list of the app's features:
- Create archive file in a variety of formats that include ZIP, 7z, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2 and XZ
- Open archived files in RAR, ZIP, 7z, ZipX, ISO, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ARJ, CAB and other formats
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Multi-volume archives extraction support
- Extract files from archives
- Add and delete files from archives
- Open files in archives
8 Zip Lite is the free version, with ads, that allows users to work with ZIP-based archives, along with opening and viewing files in other format. The full version of 8 Zip costs $7.99 and eliminates the ads, along with access to all of its features.
Thanks to "m.i.m.o." for the tip!