Update: The update, which was scheduled for the beta channel, is now live for the stable version of Aeries as well, with the Twitter client going on sale for $2.49, down from its usual price of $4.49.
Original story follows:
There's a lot to like in the latest update to Aeries for Twitter, with the app picking up noticeable improvements that make the Windows Phone-exclusive client much more stable.
Here is a list of all that's new in version 1.2.6, according to the changelog on the Windows Phone Store:
- Fix for potential crash when getting suggestions for DMs.
- Fix for potential crash when applying filters.
- Performance improvements.
- Major behind the scene changes for future preparation.
- Option to disable automatic translations.
- View in FavStar now obides to browser preference.
- Tweets mentioning you will now be slightly tinted to help you identify them.
- Lot's of big performance improvements.
- Fix for tapping a suggestion in compose window replacing all text.
- Pressing back button now exits the image viewer.
- Fix for automatic translations not being removed when viewing a new tweet's details.
- Settings controls will now stick to the selected tint.
- Pin Trends section to the main page
We were impressed by Aeries in our hands-on of the app, praising its customizability and offline viewing support. The app is expensive at $4.49 (with no trial version available), but it is well worthy of its asking price considering the features on offer and the slick user interface.
Aeries is now on sale for $2.49 for a limited time, so make sure you get it now!
Thanks for the tip Abhishek!