Another build is heading out to the Alpha ring, bringing some much needed fixes.
Additionally, the Beta ring and part of Preview Ring 3 will also see last Thursday's Alpha ring build. Microsoft is rolling out the Creators Update to Ring 3 in a staggered manner, so don't be confused if you haven't seen the update in that segment just yet. Head over here for the Beta and Ring 3 patch notes.
See below for the latest Alpha ring fixes, as we rapidly head towards the public launch of this latest batch of fresh Xbox One features.
As always, stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest information from the Xbox Insider Program.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170316-1901
Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/18 (1:00AM GMT 19/3)
- Fixed an issue which would cause two notifications to pop (instead of one) when uploading a Game DVR clip or screenshot.
- Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause audio to stop playing after plugging in a headset.
- Fixed an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones that would cause audio to stop playing if headphones were plugged in or unplugged while using the Blu-Ray Player app.
- Resolved an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones where apps would play no audio.
- Fixed an issue where the Blu-Ray Player app would incorrectly indicate an audio format is not supported, and fail to continue without closing and relaunching the app.
Games & Apps
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause newly installed apps to fail to launch, if launched while another app is in use.
- Pressing X while the virtual keyboard is open should no longer quit the stream.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.