Our favorite exercise and fitness tracker Fitbit is continuing their strong support of Windows 10 and Windows Phone 8.1 with a new update today for their respective sync apps. Not only are there some usual bug fixes but new additions as well keeping parity with other platforms. The update comes just two weeks after Fitbit's release for Windows 10, which is an exceptional app.
Version 2.1.289.0 (Windows 10) and 2.1.288.18800 (Windows Phone 8.1) should be live in the Store in the next few hours. Need the full changelog? We have you covered.
Fitbit update for Windows 10 & Windows Phone 8.1
- Capture epic moments and inspire friends with Exercise Photo Sharing
- Take a photo or choose one from your library and share it with your favorite social network
- Each photo is overlaid with your stats from that workout
- Scale and crop your photo to make it look just right
- Find friends more easily with the updated friend finder tab view
Activity Graph Updates
- See your goal line on the activity graphs
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a variety of issues reported in the previous version.
Exercise sharing is the new social. It is a rather neat way to not only humblebrag about your achievements but do with a photo to add some personalization. Static numbers are one thing but adding a picture is unique. Interestingly, the Microsoft Health app is getting this feature too so expect to see these types of sharing abilities on your Facebook and Twitter timelines soon.
Friend finder is pretty obvious, but it is one of those things that makes Fitbit so popular: the ability to compete with and track your friends and their exercise habits.
Head to the Store now to check for updates or grab the links below. Oh and if you are wondering about Windows 10 Mobile and Fitbit the company has that in the late stages of development so expect it in time for the official Windows 10 Mobile release.
The Windows 10 app is now live and the Windows Phone 8.1 version should be going livein the next few hours.