For those on the Fast Ring who love using Groove Music, you are in for a big update tonight. Version 3.6.2386.0 should be hitting the Store in a few hours and with come many features that users have been asking for in the feedback app. There should be something for everyone with this update, which is only in the Fast Ring for now before going wider in a few weeks.
The news was announced by Microsoft's Ellen Kilbourne in a forum post.
Perhaps the biggest ability is users can now locally edit metadata right on their PC or phone. Metadata for albums has been a sore spot for many with users wanting to fill in the details themselves and now they can.
Other features include sorting by genre for curated playlists, top albums, and more in Explore.
Finally, there is the return of the thumbs up (or down) for Your Groove playlists and mute songs that you don't like in a generated playlist.
Here is the full changelog.
Groove Music 3.6.2386.0 (Fast Ring)
- You can now edit the metadata for music saved locally! Right-click on an album or song and choose Edit Info.
- You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists...all by GENRE!! It's available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE
- Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove
- You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist
- You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don't want to hear them anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.
Overall, this sounds like a fantastic update to Groove Music. The update should be live in a few hours.