India's largest government-owned commercial bank — State Bank of India — has finally made its State Bank Anywhere app available on Windows Phone. The service allows SBI customers to access their banking accounts on the go, allowing a wealth of functionality such as funds transfer to internal and external bank accounts, IMPS fund transfer, credit card, bill and DTH payments along with mobile recharges.
To sync your banking account with the Windows Phone app, you have to go to the SBI's website and activate the handset. That is done by navigating to https://www.onlinesbi.com/, logging in to your account, heading to the Account Summary tab and clicking on Windows App Registration.
Version 126.96.36.199 of State Bank Anywhere has the following features, per the changelog on the Windows Phone Store:
- Show case overview of 4 account variant (Transaction / Deposit /Loan / PPF)
- Selection of account number
- Detailed account information
- Mini Statement (Last 10 transactions)
- Funds Transfer (Own A/c)
- Intra-Bank (Within SBI) Transfer
- Inter-Bank (Other Bank) Transfer (NEFT/State Bank Group Transfer)
- Credit Card (VISA) Transfer
- IMPS Transfer (Person to Person/Person to Account)
- Fixed Deposit
- Recurring Deposit
- ATM Card Blocking
- Cheque Book Request
- Call Us
- With Bill
- Without Bill
- View Biller
- Scheduled Bill
Top-up and Recharge
- Mobile Top-up
- DTH Recharge
- Transaction Enquiry
With the launch of State Bank Anywhere, SBI has a full-fledged suite of services available on Windows Phone. Download State Bank Anywhere from the link below, and share your thoughts on how you like the app in the comments.
Thanks for the tip Aniruddh!