It looks as though the Lumia 950 XL is receiving the same OTA firmware update down in Australia as those in Canada and North America are enjoying. As reported by WinBeta, it's Microsoft's firmware update that includes double tap to wake, which started rolling out earlier this month.
Here is the full changelog, as published by Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
It's real easy to check if you have the update available. Simply go into Settings > Update & security > Phone update and hit "Check for updates". If eligible you will see MICROSOFTMDG update. This rollout appears to be just for Lumia 950 XL owners, and not for the Lumia 950. Sound off in the comments if you've received it Down Under!