Hot news out of Minecon 2015 this morning for Minecraft fans everywhere, there's going to be an "all new" version of the hit game released for Windows 10.
Naturally you'll need Microsoft's newest OS first, but the even better news is that the Minecraft Windows 10 Beta will be available on July 29. Otherwise known as Windows 10 launch day.
"Just like the first release of Minecraft all those years ago, this version will develop and evolve over time with the help of your feedback. That's why it has "Beta" in the title – because it's not quite finished, and will become even more fun over time. Just like the other versions of Minecraft, all future updates will be free. We spoil you. We really do."
Current players of Minecraft on the PC will be able to download the Windows 10 Beta edition completely free of charge from the Windows 10 Store. If you're not yet involved in all things blocky it'll cost you $10 during the period of the beta, the duration of which is currently undecided.
Minecraft on Windows 10 will incorporate some of the features from Minecraft: Pocket Edition along with lots of "cool extras."
- Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
- Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
- Multiple control schemes! Switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort!
- Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
- Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with our built player feedback mechanisms!
- Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you've come to expect from Minecraft.
Mojang says there are 20 million current Minecraft players on Windows so expect the Windows 10 beta to become insanely popular after launch.