I can hear all you reading the title shouting “YES!” at the top of your lungs. At least you would be doing that if you’re diehard NFL fan, never want to miss a game, and happen to live outside the United States and Mexico. NFL Game Pass is now available for Windows Phone.
Before we go any further and look at the app, you need to understand NFL Game Pass. It’s a service that is so awesome for football fans that I wish it was available to users in the United States and Mexico. NFL Game Pass allows you to watch live and on-demand football games. It’s now on Windows Phone 8 (can’t find it on Windows 8 yet, if you do let us know) and was previously only for Android or iOS devices. Unfortunately for sports fans in the United States, the NFL and DirecTV signed a deal that won’t let such a service exists within our borders. Outside the US? Read on to see what you’ll be getting.
- Live and On-demand Football Games – Stream 2013 NFL games live or on demand on your Windows 8 device.
- NFL RedZone – See every touchdown from every game live on Sundays, or browse the RedZone archives.
- NFL Network Live Stream – Watch NFL Network programming live 24/7.
- Condensed Football Games – Watch entire NFL games from snap to whistle in approximately 30 minutes.
- Scores – View scores from around the league. (*Includes the option to turn off scores).
- Stats – Full box score of stats for live and archived games.
Right now, I am so jealous of every single one of you who will get to take advantage of that. DirecTV and Windows Phone don’t exactly have a promising relationship, so I don’t suspect we’ll be seeing their Sunday Ticket anytime soon.
To take advantage of NFL Game Pass you’ll need to have a paid subscription to the service and be outside the United States. Learn more over at NFL.com/Gamepass
Now I’m curious, are there any fans of the NFL outside the United States? Sound off below.
Want to download NFL Game Pass to your device? You’ll need to on Windows Phone 8 to take advantage. Grab it in the Windows Phone Store, use the QR code below, or swipe to the right in our app.
Thanks for the tip Parktreeone!