If there’s one app left standing for Windows Phone users, it would be Snapchat. The popular photo messaging app that allows your pics to ‘expire’ after a pre-determined viewing time does not have an official client for Windows Phone, but today we have the next best thing.
Developed by Rudy Huyn, the mind behind 6tag and 6sec, also very popular unofficial apps for Instagram and Vine, 6snap has been in the works for the last few weeks. Today, the app is available to all with Windows Phone 8 devices and it does not disappoint.
Head past the break for our video first-look and more information on where to get it.
Featuring the ability to manage your privacy settings, background agents for notifications, and even the Story mode, 6snap has all of the top design aesthetics that fans of Huyn’s work have come to expect. Here’s what the app can do:
6snap version 1.0
- Share pictures and videos with Snapchat users
- Post snaps on your story
- See stories, best friends and score of your friends
- Draw and add text to your pictures
- Search Snapchat for friends on your phone
- Save your picture on your phone
- Front and back camera support
- Manage your Snapchat privacy
- Notifications with custom ringtone
Windows Phone exclusive features:
- Lens support
- Extend the picture hub (share menu, etc..)
- Live tile
Although the Snapchat service is itself a simple concept, the 6snap app does an admirable job of mimicking everything you would expect from an official version (and more). Huyn has also promised “more features” coming soon, but for now, Windows Phone users should be quite pleased with this version.
Pick up 6snap, the unofficial Snapchat client for Windows Phone 8, here in the Store (or scan the QR code below). Free. Thanks, SuNcO, for the tip!