The business-themed cloud storage service Box has been a big supporter of Microsoft's Windows Phone and Windows 8 operating systems in the past, releasing apps for both platforms. Today, the company has released its universal app for Windows 10, which work with PCs and tablets as well as Windows 10 Mobile devices.
Here's a look at the features of the Box app:
- Manage content across devices: Users have a seamless content experience across all of their Windows PCs, tablets and phones
- Share files with anyone: Simply send shared links for a specific file or folder from the app without having to deal with large attachments
- Preview Office content easily: Preview a variety of different file types including Office files, PDFs, images and more in the app without every having to download the content to your device
- Create and collaborate on Office files: The app integrates with the Windows file picker so users can create and edit Office files such as Word, PowerPoint, or Excel and have those changes saved directly back to Box
- Receive updates in real-time: You can work on Office files right from the app and get updates on changes with the newly enhanced Windows notification center
- Multitask and use Box whenever you need it: Work on Box and other apps side by side with the Windows 10 multitasking feature – resize Box to make it as big or small as you need
- Quickly find your favorites: Pin certain Box files and favorites right to your Start screen using Windows 10 Live Tiles so you can quickly access them whenever you need to
Be aware that this new universal Windows 10 app for Box is separate from its previously released apps for Windows Phone and for Windows 8/8.1.
Source: Box Blog
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.