Gamers who have spent hundreds of hours in Destiny 2 know that the only way to get great items is to do the weekly quests. They reset every Tuesday and can be completed in a few hours. There really isn't a need to spend time in the Crucible or doing normal Strikes outside of that because the rewards aren't worth the time. Players aren't guaranteed Exotic engrams and most of the time get rare gear. The problem with players getting the same Exotic item again and again is also out of control.
The good news is that Bungie is aware of all of these problems and promised to fix them in the future. It's unclear when all of these changes will be implemented, but the fact that the studio is working on them should be of some solace to active Destiny 2 players. All of the upcoming changes are as follows.
- New systems and rewards to give the most engaged players additional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors dungeons.
- Private matches for the competitive community which should launch in early 2018.
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches alongside penalties for quitting competitive games.
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies by adding unique rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics by introducing adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials like Legendary Shards.
- New emote interface that allows players to equip many emotes at the same time.
There's a patch coming out next week which brings some of these changes but it looks like we'll have to wait a few months for them all. Bungie said that they'll post about even more tweaks soon so we'll update you when that happens. Until then, be sure to check out Destiny 2 because it's a rather enjoyable experience.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
All the best games coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X in 2020 and beyond
What's coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One in the future? Here are the biggest and brightest games we're looking forward to.
Tons of fixes come to Beta, RP Insiders in Windows 10 build 19042.541
Another Windows 10 preview build is rolling out to Insiders on the Release Preview and Beta channels today. This week's build comes with a ton of fixes meant to help shore up the October 2020 Update ahead of its public release.
Xbox Series X, Series S preorders sell out in record time
Everything you need to know about Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S preorders, and where to find stock before it runs out.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.