Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst full changelog is massive
This morning the v1.1 update of Crackdown 2 was posted in the Marketplace.
We, being the curious bees we are, wondered what exactly had changed and were wondering why no change log was posted with the app description. In short we reached out to Karl Stricker of Microsoft who sure delivered on what was updated/fixed in the game and now we know why they didn't list it....the list is huuuge.
So huge in fact we have to list it after the jump. So if you want on all the deets, click on.
Thanks Karl, much appreciated!
List of title update 1.1 improvements for Windows Phone 7 game Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst
- Fixed flamethrower doing damage a fair distance beyond the end of the fire stream.
- Made both rocket launcher initial unlock and Gift From Afar achievement unlock on the same deluge conditions
- Fixed bug where components required for defensive upgrades could be skipped during the 'what does the player need' updating (also fixed not accounting for weapon/base upgrade in progress).
- Level up and mission victory/defeat sfx-music does not attempt to play, and thus does not pause music playback, when sound volume has been set to zero.
- Sticky ducks can be manually detonated again (and mortar shells can be fragmented during flight).
- Fixed crash being caused by sticky ducks being released by the recycling stuff before the freak finished his dying animation.
- Fixed Friends' Bases list disappearing if you leave the screen while scrolled down in the list and have uncollapsed entries.
- Fixed pulltab on turret info drawing over the turret name area when the construction progress bar is shown.
- When a turret is manned by a friend but you are offline and do not have your friends list, we will no longer display an empty 'Manned By' box.
- Place Friend button is now disabled if we haven't gotten your friends list.
- Fixed issue with level 3 flamethrowers being able to get stuck in firing mode.
- Corrected an inconsistent use of the Insufficient Funds dialog for the repair all option on the Base Selection screen, it now shows the total you need, instead of how much more you need.
- Fixed endless loading screen issue when trying to load up a friend's base while in offline mode. Will now display the 'not available while offline' message.
- Leaderboards and Credits scroll lists could occasionally play the 'item selected' sound for no apparent reason, put in same fix that we used in Achievements screen.
- Fixed issue with ScrollList that caused the top/bottom fade areas to be drawn incorrectly on the base selection screen.
- Fixed issue with the last item in a collapsible scroll list sometimes getting cut off.
- Changed spacing on Friend Base entries, removing the large blank space between the base location text and the weapon icons that made weapons look like they were associated with the base below them.
- Fix for HYT going outside the world grid and not getting drawn. All AI in the out-of-grid list get drawn now.
- Bug fixes - When transitioning out of Activated status, a Turret lost the number signifying what high-yield target it was attached to.
- Fix the ‘dragging a base does not recheck the geocode information’ issue during base creation.
- Fix for first shot of every manually-fired burst on the machine gun generating a muzzle flash in the wrong location.
- Bug fix: if the turret information display was up when a turret finished construction, the display would continue to say CONSTRUCTING... for all turrets.
- Fix for rocket launchers sometimes playing a muzzle flash in the wrong place.
- Testing ending session on exit. Seems to reduce startup black screen time to no more than 2-3 seconds.
- Fixed bug where we ignored the individually weighted components and just picked a random one from the category.
- You can now buy, instead of sell, components in the inventory screen (also increased component value by 100x, some may need to go up more).
- Fixed bug in offline rewards calculation that caused 1 weapon to take massive amounts of damage but left the rest undamaged if you were gone longer than the grace period.
- Removed magnetic mine short-circuting target scanning after it found the first vehicle.
- Fixed some weird issues with magnetic mines.
- Fixed bug in that caused leaderboard scores to be much lower than the money you've actually earned.
- Made Bing Maps timeouts/failures not get counted toward the overall network timeout counter, so Bing maps failures will not kick you offline altogether anymore.
- Decreased rocket turret's minimum range from 300 meters to 25 meters.
- Fixed bug in Fragmenting Shell recycling, could cause the distance calculated to be different from the actual distance between launch and target locations (could cause very fast or very slow artillery rounds, only seen on bases with 2 or more Artillery/Mortar Shells turrets).
- Removed 6 component types that aren't used for anything from consideration for random drops, also removed them from the Inventory screen.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
thanks...great game and good to hear they are patching because it was a bit buggy
I'm greatful that they issued a patch for the game but I wish they could fix the massive slow down that occurs after playing the game for more than 10 minutes.
Gah, I wish the marketplace was better at checking for updates.
Makes you wonder how a game with so many bugs got released in the first place >.
I dunno, I've been playing for awhile and didn't notice half of these things...maybe I'm just oblivious, but it's not like the game was unplayable before. Far from it.
My experience as well. The game seemed pretty stable before, but glad to see they are still improving it.
to bad they dint fix the ONE BIG PROBLEM!!! i still cant get rid of my 100000000000000$ i got from the tutorial. Unplayable for me especially with infinite cash!calling MS to get refunded or compensated for selling me a piece of shit! to bad too cause it had potential.
Are you complaining about being a virtual billionaire?EDIT: The update also adds functionality to purchase components. Spend your money on that.
game is still ruined for me not fun , im always maxed up with max upgrades and max towers. kinda boring really ,ill stick to ILomilo till a USEFULL update. that hmm i dunno ALLOWS YOU TO START OVER???? dumb.
The scrolling in my list of bases is broken after the update. Every once in a while it works, but for the most part I can only access the first 4-5 of my 15 bases.
I registered for the site just to post some feedback, since the update I have been unable to play crackdown, everytime I try to launch it just crashes back to the home screen, does anybody know where I should send my feedback?
Did you try uninstalling the game, reset the phone then reinstall from the Marketplace? If not, give that a shot...
By Jez Corden