This morning the v1.1 update of Crackdown 2 was posted in the Marketplace.
We, being the curious bees we are, wondered what exactly had changed and were wondering why no change log was posted with the app description. In short we reached out to Karl Stricker of Microsoft who sure delivered on what was updated/fixed in the game and now we know why they didn't list it....the list is huuuge.
So huge in fact we have to list it after the jump. So if you want on all the deets, click on.
Thanks Karl, much appreciated!
List of title update 1.1 improvements for Windows Phone 7 game Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst
- Fixed flamethrower doing damage a fair distance beyond the end of the fire stream.
- Made both rocket launcher initial unlock and Gift From Afar achievement unlock on the same deluge conditions
- Fixed bug where components required for defensive upgrades could be skipped during the 'what does the player need' updating (also fixed not accounting for weapon/base upgrade in progress).
- Level up and mission victory/defeat sfx-music does not attempt to play, and thus does not pause music playback, when sound volume has been set to zero.
- Sticky ducks can be manually detonated again (and mortar shells can be fragmented during flight).
- Fixed crash being caused by sticky ducks being released by the recycling stuff before the freak finished his dying animation.
- Fixed Friends' Bases list disappearing if you leave the screen while scrolled down in the list and have uncollapsed entries.
- Fixed pulltab on turret info drawing over the turret name area when the construction progress bar is shown.
- When a turret is manned by a friend but you are offline and do not have your friends list, we will no longer display an empty 'Manned By' box.
- Place Friend button is now disabled if we haven't gotten your friends list.
- Fixed issue with level 3 flamethrowers being able to get stuck in firing mode.
- Corrected an inconsistent use of the Insufficient Funds dialog for the repair all option on the Base Selection screen, it now shows the total you need, instead of how much more you need.
- Fixed endless loading screen issue when trying to load up a friend's base while in offline mode. Will now display the 'not available while offline' message.
- Leaderboards and Credits scroll lists could occasionally play the 'item selected' sound for no apparent reason, put in same fix that we used in Achievements screen.
- Fixed issue with ScrollList that caused the top/bottom fade areas to be drawn incorrectly on the base selection screen.
- Fixed issue with the last item in a collapsible scroll list sometimes getting cut off.
- Changed spacing on Friend Base entries, removing the large blank space between the base location text and the weapon icons that made weapons look like they were associated with the base below them.
- Fix for HYT going outside the world grid and not getting drawn. All AI in the out-of-grid list get drawn now.
- Bug fixes - When transitioning out of Activated status, a Turret lost the number signifying what high-yield target it was attached to.
- Fix the ‘dragging a base does not recheck the geocode information’ issue during base creation.
- Fix for first shot of every manually-fired burst on the machine gun generating a muzzle flash in the wrong location.
- Bug fix: if the turret information display was up when a turret finished construction, the display would continue to say CONSTRUCTING... for all turrets.
- Fix for rocket launchers sometimes playing a muzzle flash in the wrong place.
- Testing ending session on exit. Seems to reduce startup black screen time to no more than 2-3 seconds.
- Fixed bug where we ignored the individually weighted components and just picked a random one from the category.
- You can now buy, instead of sell, components in the inventory screen (also increased component value by 100x, some may need to go up more).
- Fixed bug in offline rewards calculation that caused 1 weapon to take massive amounts of damage but left the rest undamaged if you were gone longer than the grace period.
- Removed magnetic mine short-circuting target scanning after it found the first vehicle.
- Fixed some weird issues with magnetic mines.
- Fixed bug in that caused leaderboard scores to be much lower than the money you've actually earned.
- Made Bing Maps timeouts/failures not get counted toward the overall network timeout counter, so Bing maps failures will not kick you offline altogether anymore.
- Decreased rocket turret's minimum range from 300 meters to 25 meters.
- Fixed bug in Fragmenting Shell recycling, could cause the distance calculated to be different from the actual distance between launch and target locations (could cause very fast or very slow artillery rounds, only seen on bases with 2 or more Artillery/Mortar Shells turrets).
- Removed 6 component types that aren't used for anything from consideration for random drops, also removed them from the Inventory screen.
Surface Duo is better at multitasking than Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's why.
The $2,000 Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 and $1,400 Microsoft Surface Duo are garnering many headlines because of pricing, and they both "fold" in some manner. But these devices are radically different, a point demonstrated with great effectiveness by @iAm_erica in this new video.
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
The games on Xbox Cloud Gaming that need touch controls
Minecraft Dungeons proved that touch controls and cloud streaming games can work, so we put together a list of the games we think need touch controls as soon as possible.
Finding Xbox One Wireless Controller replacement parts is easy
Here are all the replacement Xbox One controller parts you need for an easy fix.