We previously touched on PingMe making a move to Windows Phone, the cross-platform messenger that's already available for iOS, Android and Blackberry is now available on the Marketplace for free. Should the likes of Kik and WhatsApp not fulfil your needs enough, you'll be able to enjoy the following features with PingMe:
- Cross-platform and will enable communication with iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Blackberry devices.
- Record and send voice and video clips.
- Receive real-time message receipts with typing indicators and sent / delivered / read notifications.
- Engage in group chat with numerous contacts at any given time (ability to create circles / groups).
- No registration is required. Your number is your ID.
- Receive social updates from close friends to stay up-to-date.
- Locate friends and contacts nearby with geo-location enabled messages.
- Push notification will keep you alerted when a message is received.
- Find friends or known acquaintances with the included friend finder functionality.
It's an appealing app with some interesting functionality that will be right up some Windows Phone owners' streets. You can download PingMe from the Marketplace for free.
Thanks to everyone who tipped us!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.