According to Bungie, the game's post-launch systems and features are being changed to specifically focus on and support players "who want Destiny to be their hobby". Developers Luke Smith and Chris Barrett said they want Destiny to be a game that provides you reasons to log in and play with your friends, clans, and families. This requires gamers to be given better rewards for the time they spend in the game each week.
Today, Bungie detailed a number of significant changes like Masterworks weapons and weekly purchasable Exotic Engrams to help you get the gear of your dreams and keep coming back for more. The significant changes are as follows. Some of these updates will be introduced on December 5, 2017 and December 12, 2017, while others will land in the new year.
- A new Weapon Tier called Masterworks which will feature stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens. Unwanted Masterworks can be dismantled into materials that can upgrade an existing Legendary Weapon into a Masterwork.
- For players chasing a world Legendary or looking for Masterworks, Master Rahool will sell some of his rumored hoard of Legendary Engrams for Legendary Shards.
- Improved vendor rewards, adding ways for people to purchase items directly with their Legendary Shards and Tokens.
- In December, Bungie will be introducing a Heroic Strikes playlist and more generous Strike rewards.
- The Gunsmith will have some updates to how Weapon and Armor Mods are acquired.
- The developer plans to tune underperforming Exotics and will continue to make targeted updates and improvements.
- Duplication protection will be added for Exotics in 2018.
- Every week, you'll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren't already in your collection.
- Destiny 2 will get a simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for four hours.
It's encouraging to see that it'll be easier to gain the Exotics you want like the illusive Skyburner's Oath. The Exotics are by the far the biggest point of contention at the moment because there's no specific way to acquire the ones you desire. Hopefully these changes will be meaningful when they launch without any caveats.
If you haven't played Destiny 2, be sure to check it out at retailers. It's a great game and a lot of fun if you have the right team. The Curse of Osiris expansion launches on December 5, 2017 and brings with it 4K Xbox One X support.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Got no problem getting exotics... All I need is a frigging hunter cloak at level 300. Haven't had one drop in over a month. Just keep getting the same things over and over. Most annoying...
Milestones, Zavala, Ikora, and crucible are the best ways to go for that I had the same problem.
gear up with exotics for what? what are you supposed to do you do with them? they make the drop rate so low that you might a well just purchase them. haha
Well, the Skyburner's Oath helps with the Raid because it pierces the giant Cabal shields. MIDA Multi-Tool is great for PvP because it's a fast and accurate scout rifle.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.