Fantasia Painter is a photo editing app for Windows Phone that we reviewed way back in May 2012. Even though the app has not been updated since January 2013, it still has a loyal following. Today, the paid and free versions of the app both received updates after over two years.
In fact, the team behind Fantasia Painter has been working on beta versions of the app for the past several months, according to its Facebook page, after members of the team took a hiatus to deal with some health and family issues. However, the Fantasia Painter app pages on the Windows Phone Store site don't show a change log at the moment, so it's not clear what's been added, improved or fixed in this new 3.7 version. If we get that information, we will update this post accordingly.
In the meantime, here's a summary of Fantasia Painter, which allows users to place in paint-like brushes and effects on photos:
- Eye color/shadow/makeup
- Fur, Furball - Paint cute furry animals, furry flowers, add fur to photos.
- Sketch - Create pencil sketches, with far less strokes compared to real pencil
- Fairy lights - "alive" abstract brush
- Rainbow - Beautiful organic color transitions add life to your paintings.
- Twisted Squares, Paint, Dirty Paint, Pen, Eraser
- 100+ Effects
- Colorize - change to grayscale; brush back color with your finger.
- Dark Dream - gloomy feel; brush on and off to add subtle and powerful changes
- Sculpt - change smiles, thin/fatten waists, make curved flowers, and much more
- Vintage, borders, collage
- Text: amazing, rare fonts, 500+ symbols, comic/speech bubbles
- Lifelike Colors - combines steps from online tutorials to improve most photos. Tap Invert for before/after view.
- Recolor, Soft light, Blur, Gentle Painter, more
Both versions have all of the app's features, but buying the $1.99 version of Fantasia Painter eliminates the in-app ads.
Thanks to everyone for all of the tips!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft shares details of a security breach of customer support database
Microsoft disclosed the details surrounding a security breach from last December. The breach involves roughly 250 million entries from an internal customer support database.
Project xCloud on the NVIDIA Shield is almost like playing a regular Xbox
The only Android TV box really worth buying is already part games console, and xCloud takes that even further. Sideload at your own risk, but this is a lot of fun.
You can now manually check for the Windows 10 November 2019 Update
If you're running a recent version of Windows 10, you can now manually check for the Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.