Fantasia Painter is a photo editing app for Windows Phone that we reviewed way back in May 2012. Even though the app has not been updated since January 2013, it still has a loyal following. Today, the paid and free versions of the app both received updates after over two years.
In fact, the team behind Fantasia Painter has been working on beta versions of the app for the past several months, according to its Facebook page, after members of the team took a hiatus to deal with some health and family issues. However, the Fantasia Painter app pages on the Windows Phone Store site don't show a change log at the moment, so it's not clear what's been added, improved or fixed in this new 3.7 version. If we get that information, we will update this post accordingly.
In the meantime, here's a summary of Fantasia Painter, which allows users to place in paint-like brushes and effects on photos:
- Eye color/shadow/makeup
- Fur, Furball - Paint cute furry animals, furry flowers, add fur to photos.
- Sketch - Create pencil sketches, with far less strokes compared to real pencil
- Fairy lights - "alive" abstract brush
- Rainbow - Beautiful organic color transitions add life to your paintings.
- Twisted Squares, Paint, Dirty Paint, Pen, Eraser
- 100+ Effects
- Colorize - change to grayscale; brush back color with your finger.
- Dark Dream - gloomy feel; brush on and off to add subtle and powerful changes
- Sculpt - change smiles, thin/fatten waists, make curved flowers, and much more
- Vintage, borders, collage
- Text: amazing, rare fonts, 500+ symbols, comic/speech bubbles
- Lifelike Colors - combines steps from online tutorials to improve most photos. Tap Invert for before/after view.
- Recolor, Soft light, Blur, Gentle Painter, more
Both versions have all of the app's features, but buying the $1.99 version of Fantasia Painter eliminates the in-app ads.
Thanks to everyone for all of the tips!
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
We compare the Lenovo Legion 5i 15 with the ASUS TUF Gaming A15
Shopping for a new gaming laptop that hits mid-range performance and costs around $1,000? Check out how the Lenovo's Legion 5i 15 compares to the ASUS TUF Gaming A15.
Edge Canary is taking tabs vertical for some users
Microsoft has started testing its new vertical tab interface with at least some Edge Canary testers. This appears to be part of an A/B test, so it's not available to everyone at the moment.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.