There's nothing worse than not being able to park your vehicle when travelling to places. It can prove to be frustrating when you simply cannot locate that perfect space for your four (or more) wheels. Luckily, there are many solutions out there, including Parkopedia. As the name suggests, Parkopedia is essentially an encyclopaedia (or collection) of parking worldwide and a Windows Phone app has been released.
The goal of the apps and service is to provide users with the means to check out maps and list every parking space in the world. It's quite the task. Boasted numbers thus far include over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries, driven by user contributions. Downloading the app will enable you to:
- Find parking using your current location or by entering an address
- Get directions straight to the space or an entrance
- See parking space availability in real-time (where available)
- Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more
- Quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as street parking only, free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc
- Live tile support. Pin your favourite car parking spaces to your start screen and easily access them at any time, even without a network connection.
- Reminders. Set a reminder via the Live Tile and get an alert to remind you when it's time to return to your vehicle.
If there's little coverage in your area, or you'd like to see some new features that aren't currently sported by the app, be sure to get in touch with the team as they'd like to hear feedback on how to improve.
- Download Parkopedia (MB - $2.49)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.