Firefly Runner has been released earlier this month for iOS, Android, and Kindle. The Windows and Windows Phone versions of the game just recently followed. It's an action-packed, endless-running adventure game that you might want to check out. We've installed it on our Nokia Lumia Icon and Surface Pro 3. Head past the break to watch our hands-on video and gameplay.
- Run, fly and shoot through a stunningly beautiful rendered forest world.
- Fun and charming 3D insect characters, including cute fireflies, grumpy hornets, burping slugs, scuttling spiders and mischievous praying mantises.
- One touch gameplay that can be picked up instantly and is fun to master.
- Three diverse environments to explore; The Rolling Countryside, The Forbidden Forest and The Crystal Caves.
- Unlock achievements and beat your best scores.
- Collect all of the flight badges and unlock the many achievements.
You play as Switch, a firefly that can run, fly, and shoot. Press the left side of the screen to elevate. Switch automatically moves forward. Click anywhere on the right screen to fire the slingshot towards insect foes like grumpy hornets, slugs, and spiders. Avoid obstacles while collecting cherries, light orbs, and magical keys. This includes slugs that can fire green glob in the air and praying mantises with traps.
The top left corner of the display shows how far you've gone, how many orbs you've collected, and how many cherries you have left to fire with the slingshot. The top center of the screen shows your current score. This increases when you collect items or hit insect foes.
Firefly Runner is easy to play and quick to master. It costs 99 cents with a free trial available. Since it is a universal app, you can buy it once and download from both the Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store. We're enjoying this game and think you'll like it, too. Go check out Firefly Runner and sound off in the comments!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.