The Gears of War 4 community has been pretty vocal about concerns over the high cost of the game's UIR card packs, and now, just as promised, The Coalition is responding with some tweaks. In all, 3 types of packs are seeing their costs reduced, while 3 others are staying the same with some tweaks.
Here's a look at the status of all of the packs, along with the reasoning behind the tweaks. From the Gears of War 4 forums:
- Horde and Versus Boosters - 400 credits or $.99 - We've seen some positive comments since we adjusted these values late last year and we are going to stay consistent with those changes.
- Operations Packs - 800 Credits or $1.99 (Formerly 1000 Credits or $1.99) - We have adjusted credit values to better align with Horde and Versus Booster values for Operations Packs.
- Elite Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 3500 Credits or $4.99) - We have brought the credit values significantly down on the Elite Packs to better align with the above packs. Players will now have an easier time obtaining these with credits. We have also re-tuned Elite Packs to offer better rewards and results.
- Community Packs - 400 Credits or $.99 - These packs will stay at the current pricing for future events. These packs are similar to our Gearsmas packs.
- eSports Packs - No Credit Value and $9.99 - These packs are meant to help benefit the eSports programs and our prize pools. We will continue to keep these at their current price point to help drive additional prize pool and event funding.
- Future Gears eSports City Supporter Packs will be getting tweaks. Three slots of the five card pack will now offer eSports Supporter Pack 2 Content related content. One slot will offer a potential Series 2 content card or emblem and the last slot will offer a weapon from the city pack. This helps offer more eSports content in these packs then before.
- Feature Packs - 2000 Credits or $4.99 (Formerly 4400 Credits or $9.99) - This one is the big change. Future Feature Packs will now have a much lower credit and dollar value cost. We are wanting to make sure these are obtainable by those in their limited availability windows. For reference, Feature Packs are packs that contain new content and sold in special packs (ie: UIR Packs were a Feature Pack)
Overall, these are definitely some changes for the better that should make snagging good packs much less prohibitive. Even more tweaks are on the way as well, with The Coalition teasing potential future bundles wherein you can buy 4 Feature Packs for $20 and get one for free. Adjustments for emblems are also on the way to reduce the chance of seeing multiple emblems in the same pack.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) now available
With just a few days to spare, Microsoft began the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The update includes a new Cortana UI, improvements to Virtual Desktops, and several other changes.
Review: Windows 10 May 2020 Update packs improvements to existing features
Microsoft's next Windows 10 feature update is almost here. Known as the May 2020 Update, this new version of Windows 10 is all about fit and finish. There's not a whole lot new here in regard to features, but plenty of changes and enhancements to features that have already been part of the OS for some time. In this review, we take a look at all the notable new changes and improvements,...
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!