What you need to know
- Halo developer 343 Industries released an update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One and PC.
- The update primarily adds new audio features as well as some appreciated options for matchmade multiplayer.
- The update also resolves some bugs and issues the community had with the game.
- The update is 59GB on Xbox One, 1.79GB on the Windows 10 Store and through Xbox Game Pass for PC, and 306MB on Steam.
Halo developer has released an update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection across both Xbox One and PC platforms. The update primarily adds the ability to toggle between classic Halo: Combat Evolved sounds or updated Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary audio when playing multiplayer for that game, while also including new Competitive and Social matchmaking playlists for it as well. There's a new three-dimensional customization viewer for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Spartans too, and the main menu background video has been updated to something that better suits the current excitement around Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
In addition to the new features, there have also been some fixes made to bugs and other types of problems that the Halo community has had with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in the Master Chief Collection. Resolved issues include the following:
- Improved game stability resolving several crashes.
- Player became invisible in a Ghost by boarding the vehicle while entering a teleporter.
- HUD positioning better reflects legacy.
- Respawn beep sound effects have a lower pitch than in legacy Halo: CE.
- Multiple remastered sound effects playing in H:CE multiplayer when set to "Classic."
- Added ability to set primary and secondary weapon in custom games.
- Sometimes controller vibration continues when pausing the title.
- Player name appearing during camouflaged states better reflects legacy.
- Plasma projectiles from Type-25 Spirit are now aligned with the turrets.
For a detailed overview of everything changed in the game, check out 343 Industries' blog post. The size of the update is 59GB on Xbox One (most of this is replacing existing files), 1.79GB on the Windows 10 Store and through Xbox Game Pass for PC, and 306MB on Steam.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available for $40 on PC (includes Halo: Reach), as well as for $30 on Xbox One (Halo: Reach must be purchased separately). It's also available if you're an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscriber.
Finish the Fight
Experience the entirety of Halo history
The Master Chief Collection is a collection of every Halo shooter from the pre-Xbox One era, offering incredible value at an incredible price.
The game that started it all
Remastering the original
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is an extensive remaster of the original game, including modernized visuals and access to classic multiplayer experiences.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
Accessorize your Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop
The Razer Blade 15 is an excellent gaming laptop, but there are plenty of accessories for it you should consider getting, too. Here's what we recommend.