Yowza. At a press event today HTC unloaded its big guns - 4 new Windows Mobile devices to arrive by year's end. No word yet on when exactly we can expect these monsters in the states, but here's the breakdown:
- HTC Shift: Likely the best UMPC yet, a dual-booting Windows Mobile / Vista beast with HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth, 7" screen, and a full keyboard.
- HTC Touch Dual: The Touch but with a slide-out keyboard. If the pictures are anything to go by, it looks like it will come in a standard T9 flavor and also a Blackberry-eqsue suretype keyboard. Oh, and full 3G, whapow!
- HTC S730: The successor to the HTC S710/Vox that fixes the keyboard layout and adds 3G speed
- HTC P6500: HTC's industrial entrant, whose 3 megapixel camera doubles nicely as a barcode scanner.
All of them will come with HTC's very nice new home screen. After the break, full spec rundowns and pictures of the Touch Dual and the S730.
Update: Superior Gadgets put up a video of the new Touch Dual and dayum, HTC has snuck in a whole bunch of minor touch-esque improvements that really help with some of the hassles I've dealt with on the original Touch. Video after the break, definitely worth the look!
HTC Touch Dual
- 400MHz Qualcomm Processor
- 256 RAM, 128 SDRAM
- 107mm x 55mm x 15.8mm, 120g
- 2.6" 320x240
- HSDPA/HSUPA/UMTS: 2100 MHz, EDGE/GSM: 900, 1800, 1900
- 16-key QWERTY slide out keyboard (also seems to have the standard 9-key variety)
- Bluetooth 2.0
- 1120 mAh battery for various talk times depending on network (3 hrs UMTS, 5 hrs GSM)
Yes, it's thicker than the original Touch and it does appear they dropped WiFi in favor of the 3G radio, but that's not the worst trade-off ever. Looks: still good.
Video preview from http://www.superiorgadgets.com :
The specs are a bit thinner on the S730, but here's what we know:
- 400 MHz Processor
- 256 RAM (assuming 128 SDRAM)
- HSDPA/UMTS and WiFi!
- Keyboard layout looks much improved
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.