Microsoft today rolled out the first major update to its Whiteboard collaboration app for iPhone and iPad since its initial launch in September. Several new features are coming along for the ride in this update, bringing a hand-drawn effect for recognized shapes, an Accessibility Checker to make sure your whiteboard is easy to read for everyone, and the ability to lock images to the background.
Here's the rundown of all of what's new:
- Lock any image to the whiteboard background and never worry about accidentally erasing, moving or having to recreate template-like content again.
- Make sure your whiteboard is easy for people of all abilities to read and edit with a new Accessibility Checker.
- Access improved sticky note editing experience. Just double tap to add text & let your ideas flow fast.
- Your recognized shapes and tables now have a hand-drawn effect applied to them to help you impress your peers with your penmanship.
- When opening a whiteboard, we now show you a fancy loading animation to help pass the time (and so you don't sit wondering if anything is happening).
- A sprinkling of usability, performance and bug fixes to make your whiteboarding experience a bit more polished.
Microsoft Whiteboard is a digital collaboration tool built to support brainstorming sessions for individuals and teams. You can either ink with or type with a keyboard to jot down and flesh out ideas, and images can be easily added to each board. Extra smarts, such as shape recognition and the ability to automatically recognize and format a table, are tagging along here as well.
Whiteboard is available for free on the App Store and for Windows 10, as well as on the web on the web in preview for commercial users. In either case, you'll have to have a Microsoft Account or Office 365 account to get started.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything Bethesda Softworks is working on right now for Xbox and PC
Microsoft stunned the gaming world when it announced it was acquiring ZeniMax Media, adding Bethesda Softworks to Xbox. Here's everything Bethesda Softworks is working on right now.
We go hands-on with the remastered Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is expected to be released October 15, 2020, and we were able to get our hands on a preview build to see how it's coming along.
Dell's XPS 13 2-in-1 and XPS 15 are both beautiful, but which one is best?
These two laptops from Dell are similarly priced, but they have some significant differences that will sway you one way or the other in your buying process. We've laid out the stuff you need to know right here.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.