Look: of all the third-party YouTube apps built for Windows, myTube is one of the best you can get your hands on. But it the app's usual $1 price tag has kept you from giving it a shot, there's some good news: it's free for the next six days.
Developer Ryken Studio is holding a sale, making myTube free through November 2. You'll get the full-featured app, which works across Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, HoloLens, and Xbox One, without paying a dime.
MyTube has been around for some time, with Ryken Studio consistently updating the experience over the years to keep up with changes to Windows 10. Most recently, myTube adopted support for Windows Timeline, a full black/white theme built for AMOLED displays, a theatre mode, and "Rooms," which let you watch videos in sync with friends.
Today's promotion also coincides with another update, bringing the app up to version 3.4 with several new features. Here's a rundown:
- Pin channels you're susbscribed to on the taskbar. Enabling "Sync subscriptions to contacts" in settings will let you view videos in a small popup windows from the taskbar at any time. [PC]
- New option to allow videos to automatically open in fullscreen. [PC]
- Clickable URLs an timestamps have been added to comments and video descriptions. [PC & Mobile]
- Double tapping/clocking on edges of video will now jump forward or backward by 10 seconds. [PC & Mobile}
- Option to enable VP9 format platback; enables 1440p and 4K playback. [PC & Xbox]
- New monthly donation options to unlock the ability to create your own color schemes. [All platforms]
There are other solid YouTube apps out there (like Awesome Tube) that are worth considering, but myTube is held up as the standard for many. If you haven't given the app a shot just yet, you can pick it up for free now on the Microsoft Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.