Awesome Tube, one of the most highly rated third-party YouTube apps on the Microsoft Store, is embracing Microsoft's Fluent Design with its latest update. The app has received a major visual overhaul, bringing more transparency alongside a minimalistic design that is present everywhere from the default "Trending" section to the video pages themselves (via Reddit).
Outside of the revamped design, Awesome Tube has added support for 21:9 ratio videos and the app also supports scrubbing to earlier portions of live videos. This update also brings the addition of new ads, but they can be removed with a one-time purchase of $4.99.
Here's a full look at all of what's new and fixed with Awesome Tube's latest update, from the release notes:
- [Design] More transparent, minimal, simple and smoother.
- (Video) - Support 21:9 ratio
- [Live] - Now able to seek to earlier position in live videos
- [Ads] - Ads in player will automatically disappear after shown for 15s. Add 1 banner ad at top right in play panel.
- [Fix] - Tap to play/pause only work when all controls visible
- [Fix] - Double tap to go to fullscreen
- [Fix] - Cursor does not hide in fullscreen mode
- [Fix] - Some weird links in description
- [Change] - New way to enable caption
- [Change] - New way to show playing playlist
- [Change] - Title text now selectable
- [Change] - Add more donation options
- [Change] - Add more themes
- [Change] - Add video resuming option
If you want to give Awesome Tube and its visual overhaul a shot, you can grab the latest version now for free from the Microsoft Store for Xbox One, PC, mobile and Surface Hub.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.